• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mox, you've just reaped the benefits from reading #Menswear sites. Tuczek's are certainly rare and can be sold to collector's for great prices. Some want them just as they are, others will have the leather conditioned through and through or refurbish the pair. If you plan to use these gems, please condition the croc properly. This may take up to a month of waiting and several coatings, but the effort will pay off. Member Isshinryu's pictures and meticulous instructions are proof of this.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Mox C

Reaction score

Mox, you've just reaped the benefits from reading #Menswear sites.

I most certainly have. I was clueless about shoes just half a year ago. The AH listed them as something like "Tuckerz" shoes, which sounds like some mass-produced garbage to my ear, but my eye told me these were not your average pair of streetwear. I wasn't aware of the Tuczek name at that point, but a little research told me that I should be placing a bid. I'm glad I'm a fast learner. I was only browsing the auction listing for some shoes to wear myself, not classic collector items. I wasn't about to pass up on this opportunity, however, especially since the lot also included a suede pair (also Tuczek, but they don't apply to this thread).

I'm in no rush to sell either pair, but will probably list the alligator ones relatively soon and hold on to the suede pair for myself, at least for now. If they were a bit larger I'd be tempted to wear them, so it's probably a good thing they are smaller than a 10. They would certainly make for an interesting conversation piece on a date.

And thanks for the information. Since I won't be wearing them myself, it's probably best if I leave them untouched. The leather is still supple. The lot also included a 12-pair Hartmann shoe case and was in an auction alongside items from Tiffany and Cartier. I feel the evidence suggests that they came from the original owner and that they were well cared for until their passing.

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I most certainly have. I was clueless about shoes just half a year ago. The AH listed them as something like "Tuckerz" shoes, which sounds like some mass-produced garbage to my ear, but my eye told me these were not your average pair of streetwear. I wasn't aware of the Tuczek name at that point, but a little research told me that I should be placing a bid. I'm glad I'm a fast learner. I was only browsing the auction listing for some shoes to wear myself, not classic collector items. I wasn't about to pass up on this opportunity, however, especially since the lot also included a suede pair (also Tuczek, but they don't apply to this thread).
I'm in no rush to sell either pair, but will probably list the alligator ones relatively soon and hold on to the suede pair for myself, at least for now. If they were a bit larger I'd be tempted to wear them, so it's probably a good thing they are smaller than a 10. They would certainly make for an interesting conversation piece on a date.
And thanks for the information. Since I won't be wearing them myself, it's probably best if I leave them untouched. The leather is still supple. The lot also included a 12-pair Hartmann shoe case and was in an auction alongside items from Tiffany and Cartier. I feel the evidence suggests that they came from the original owner and that they were well cared for until their passing.

can we see the hartman case?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not right now. My fatigue has skyrocketed and I have too many other items to take photos of that take priority. The inside is like this, but twice as big. It's a gold & beige weave with a lid rather than zipper closure, and it has leather trim and straps.

nice. what auctionhouse online did you find these gems on?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

did I see you mention elsewhere that you are selling the matthews? (not my size, just curious)

Those arent the Matthews.... :devil: find out tomorrow AM.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reaction score

I tell you, I've watched this thread on and off for over a year and makes me glad that I'm not like most squares out there. I like the Mauri slip on that I posted above. I find it hilarious the so many like that all exotics are either flashy,ugly or $8000 a pair.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tell you, I've watched this thread on and off for over a year and makes me glad that I'm not like most squares out there. I like the Mauri slip on that I posted above. I find it hilarious the so many like that all exotics are either flashy,ugly or $8000 a pair.
Those shoes would only look nice if you dress like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics