• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allend Edmonds Tent Sale

bch

Reaction score
Hey guys, my partner tipped me off to the AE "Big Tent Sale," happening on June 9-19th.

On a lark, he and I called and they were nice enough to set us up before the sale started.

Picked up some AE black shell cord MacNeil's (factory second) for $199, which was an unadvertised price. Also got a pair of Wilberts (casual for khakis kind of shoe) for $129. My partner picked up a couple of pairs of MacNeil's for $269 (both shell cords in black and cordovan color), though these were not 2nds.

The following are advertised factory seconds:

Park Ave - $169
Randolph (black and chili calf) - $169
Chester - $169
Stockbridge - $149
Cameron - $129

I suspect that there are additional unadvertised seconds. If interested, I'd recommend you talk to Keith, 262-284-7158. He seems like a great guy, knows his product (i.e. comparative fit of the AE lasts).

Disclaimer: I'm a lawyer, not a shoe salesman.

cpac

Reaction score
those sound like good deals - but could you tell us more about where/how to take advantage of the sale? Sale at all locations? At just outlet locations? Or what?

JohnMS

Reaction score
Make sure you talk to Keith. I spoke to some other person who said the sale starts when it starts and that's that. I asked that Keith call me back. We'll see if he passes the message along. Too bad, he could have sold some shoes.

bch

Reaction score
Make sure you talk to Keith. I spoke to some other person who said the sale starts when it starts and that's that. I asked that Keith call me back. We'll see if he passes the message along. Too bad, he could have sold some shoes.
The sale location is 201 East Seven Hills Road, Port Washington, WI, 53074.

sibellc

Reaction score
Do you have to go in person, or will they take orders over the phone? 1200 miles would be a bit far to travel
smile.gif

MaxTO

Reaction score
Do you have to go in person, or will they take orders over the phone? Â 1200 miles would be a bit far to travel
smile.gif
They will take orders over the phone. I'm from Canada and ordered a pair of Harrison in brown (my 1st pair of brown shoes). They said the ordered will be processed next week when the sale starts. NOTE: They cannot send factory seconds internationally
sad.gif
The price after the discount (shipping/taxes etc. added) for a pair of new shoes still saved me ~$140CDN in the end
biggrin.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up some AE black shell cord MacNeil's (factory second) for $199, which was an unadvertised price.  
Hate to be a wet blanket, but are you really sure your "black shell cord MacNeils" are in fact shell cordovan and not black cobbler? The MacNeil is not regularly offered in black shell, and that price seems way too low for cordovan, even at an outlet sale.

bch

Reaction score
(bch @ June 06 2005,10:25) Picked up some AE black shell cord MacNeil's (factory second) for $199, which was an unadvertised price.
Hate to be a wet blanket, but are you really sure your "black shell cord MacNeils" are in fact shell cordovan and not black cobbler? The MacNeil is not regularly offered in black shell, and that price seems way too low for cordovan, even at an outlet sale.
Positive. The cobbler were priced the same, but the black cordo has been discontinued. They ain't making any more. Keith hooked me up with a pair sitting on a shelf looking for a home. I obliged.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(JLibourel @ June 08 2005,16:53)
Originally Posted by bch,June 06 2005,10:25
Picked up some AE black shell cord MacNeil's (factory second) for $199, which was an unadvertised price. Â
Positive. Â The cobbler were priced the same, but the black cordo has been discontinued. Â They ain't making any more. Â Keith hooked me up with a pair sitting on a shelf looking for a home. Â I obliged.
Congratulations. Lucky you. I'm envious.

JohnMS

Reaction score
If you can find a 2nd quality shell cordovan right now they are $265, $199 for some. In the past I've purchased some marked as low as $129. Talk to Keith.

arkirshner

Reaction score
Thank you for posting the sale phone number. I called and got 3 pair. Your thoughtfulness in posting is much appreciated and it shows lawyers can be good guys.

bch

Reaction score
We're like everybody else. Our members include many more good ones than bad ones. The good ones just don't get the press, what with the current majority party painting us devils with a broad brush everytime a news camera is around. But that's another matter...

I'm wearing the shell cord MacNeils today, which came in on Saturday. They are absolutely superb. They are seconds, but the only thing I noticed amiss was on the right shoe: the extended edge of the shoe was not blacked as dark near the welting as on the outer edge. It was barely noticeable, but I can't think what else caused these to go in the seconds bin. Fixed it with some edge dressing. They are awesome, all the more so since AE discontinued them.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the sale tip. I just ordered some Tivoli fisherman sandals for $69. Apparently they are a last minute addition to the sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads