• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen, Texas Outlets and Feb. Clearance

style from the heartland

Reaction score
Any cowboy sartorts with recent experience at BB, NMLast Call, PRL factory stores in the Allen location. I will be making my first trip to the behemoth of outletry for some weekend clearance shopping. Anyone seeing SF-approved items there?

Needed: the usual, classic blazer/dress shirts/trousers.

nsoltz

Reaction score
I find that the LastCall at Grapevine Mills has a larger dept. Haven't been to Allen in a month or so, but I was not tremendously impressed with LastCall. Polo RL is average and all BB outlets look alike-- mostly the outlet-made 346 merchandise with the very rare piece from the stores.

Grapevine Mills was really sparse last weekend (except for the Isaia suit I picked up for $280-- see my post about it). The pre-sale starts March 2 so we should expect new merchandise then.

style from the heartland

Reaction score
Worth even driving up there? I agree w/ BB outlet. I can stop at their mainline and look for anything left at end of their clearance.

nsoltz

Reaction score
Well, depends upon how far you are driving...

I would never say never because even with a smaller dept, the exact item you want might be there. In fact, the larger store might generate more traffic which would in turn decrease the number of bargains!

All I know is that I am now starting to take over part of wife's side of closet so I better stay away from the outlets, eBay, SF and, of course, retail for a while. Or at least until the March 2 pre-sale at LastCall.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live near there and have had 0 luck so far. The outlets in allen seem to cater more to the socks-and-sandals tour bus shopper crowd than anyone else. It's always possible you may find something in your size, but I've to find anything good in mine.

swoobie

Reaction score
I bought a few merino brioni sweaters for $62. They were very fine gauge and solid colors except for a little contracting band around the neck and sleeves. Very nice and very inexpensive. I also bought a couple of brioni dress shirts at $75 - sharkskin grey and a solid white - both very nice. I think it is hit or miss and the store is much smaller than Grapevine...

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Grapevine sucked too when I was there, but I think it's a little better than Allen.

style from the heartland

Reaction score
I was not too impressed w/ NM-LC. Some Ike Behar (believed to be seconds) DS. HF/Hugo Boss suits in my size, about $599. A couple Corneliani/Isaia suits odds and ends. Two Borelli and a couple Zegna DS. Saw some yellowing around the neck of two of the white ones. Slacks were very unimpressive--lots of black and a few strange fabrics in the taupe, more desirable colors.

Walked away empty handed.

dagenham

Reaction score
It really depends on timing. The mainline NM stores just finished the Last Call sale and are in the process of sending all of the sale out. The Last Call stores won't really have any new merchandise for a while, the end of Feb or beginning of March.

That being said, the winter sales are generally smaller than the summer sales, so the selection of merchandise won't be as great. I was at both the Grapevine Mills and Allen locations a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty sparse, even noticed some merch that I had seen on my last vist a few months prior. Try again later this year and I guarantee you won't walk away empty handed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads