• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edwards or Alden Dress Shoes - Which Model/Last?

wacomme

Reaction score
I recently tried on some Alden dress shoes, and fitted to a 10.5 C or D. However, I don't have the money for buy $600 shoes (plain toe blucher with unlined vamp - I believe). What was nice was the minimal heel rise; I'm used to zero rise shoes. But I digress . . .

I want to find some Alden's or Allen Edwards at a discount store - most likely Allen Edwards since they're less expensive. But which shoe/last should I look for? Here's what I discovered about my feet:

• I have very thin feet - low volume
  • My left foot measures about an 11; my right foot a 10 - a whole size difference.
  • My arch is quite long - a 12
  • My width is borderline C/D.
  • I have narrow heels and instep.
The brown Alden in 10.5 D seemed to fit well. The salesman was suggestion C size which may or may not be better (didn't have in stock).

I know AE has many lasts. Which one(s) would match my feet best? I'd prefer a low heel rise shoe, but shoe fit is more important. I want a lace-up dress shoe.

Thank you.

Michael.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would have really helped to know which Alden model you tried on. Alden has a number of lasts that fit quite differently from one another. I can't provide any sizing advice based on the information you've provided. You're best off trying AEs in person and making note of the models you try on.

paxonus

Reaction score
You aren't going to find AE at a discount store. Given the numerous widths they make, your best bet is to try them on at a store. Once you know your size in several different models, you can shop online. Try Ebay and shoebank.com--AE seconds--for the best prices.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You aren't going to find AE at a discount store. Given the numerous widths they make, your best bet is to try them on at a store. Once you know your size in several different models, you can shop online. Try Ebay and shoebank.com--AE seconds--for the best prices.
Maybe Allen Edwards is a fake version of Allen Edmonds sold at discount stores?
I’d recommend going the AE F2 (seconds) route or clearance time

Jan Capek

Reaction score
One wonders if three times a charm can still be considered a Freudian slip.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wacomme

Reaction score
I went to an AE store in Denver but the salesman was awful and the sizes were very limiting. Not helpful at all.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.