• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmunds or equivalent in Hong Kong?

my_alias

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm looking to buy some decent work shoes that will do the trick for < US$200

Anyone know where I can pick these up in Hong Kong?

Cheers!

StrayPants

Reaction score
E type shoes for < $200 in Hong Kong?!

You may want to order from the States via a factory store, even then I believe < $200 will be difficult.

You could try Tassels in Central for Allen's but then you are talking >$300. To me the Allen dress shoes seem beefier than and not as elegant as AE. Love their casual shoes.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hong Kong work/dress leather shoes are definitely overpriced and in my view substantially marked up to prey on the tourist trade.

For around US$200 and if you need to try them on, you can maybe wait till one of the Lane Crawford sales and maybe pick up one of the lesser-known Italian brands they stock. Otherwise, I second StrayPants' suggestion - buy online. The Bay has some pretty good deals on AEs.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
search Zee's and go custom better ROI that AE seconds

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.