• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds vs Trickers

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both are relatively the same with regard to quality and price point.

Which do you prefer?

Cheers

Owen Meany

Reaction score
I just received my first pair of Trickers. I would place them above AE but not by a lot and not enough to justify the price difference they get in the US. I do like them and if priced right will certainly purchase them again.

jtb

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Relatively the same with regards to price?

david3558

Reaction score
I honestly can't stand Allen Edmonds, they are not comfortable for my feet at all; I know they receive praise from lots of people but the way they do their insoles leaves my flat footed feet feeling like crap. There's always a huge gap between the insole and the side of the shoe.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better than AEs or Aldens

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Relatively the same with regards to price?

Thought they were . . .

phailing101

Reaction score
I just ordered my first pair of Tricker's and they were approximately 50% more than most AEs I buy at full price ($450 vs $300).

I have no beef with AE but I'm expecting more comfort out of the Tricker's.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Trickers are higher quality than AE for certain. I can't comment on Alden as I own none of their shoes yet (planning on it, though). They have a longer break in period and are stiffer to begin with, but are much better. They're also usually pricer so if you can snag them at AE prices, do so with reckless abandon.

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trickers are much nicer than Allen Edmonds.

I consider them at least as good as Alden, overall. They are certainly more finely finished than Aldens (the stitching is much cleaner looking, and they often have channelled soles).

The original heels on one of my pairs of Trickers wore out very quickly (less than a year, whereas my 2.5 year old Aldens are still on the original heels), but that is a pretty inexpensive repair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads