• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archivist

Reaction score
I stopped by the San Francisco Allen Edmonds this afternoon. They have the linen/brown and the Navy mesh/brown in the store. The linen is actually cloth, seems thickish. The mesh is thin, flexible and pretty cool looking (in both senses). The Navy/brown looks nice. The Strawfut is on the AE #5 last. Mike, the manager, told me that other models will be coming in sometime soon.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw these snaps. It is a good looking shoe and typically much nicer than the AE website snaps. It should have been in chili or walnut IMHO though in the shot with a flash the brown looks lighter.

I find the mesh type pairing of blue and dark brown pretty unusual and not good looking.

bmac11c

Reaction score
I saw the brown on brown Strawfuts in the Plano, Texas store last night. I didn't really consider them until today...Very nice shoes! Since it gets so damned hot down here, I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating a purchase now. Also saw the New Orleans, but I like the Strawfut's more.

Bmac

Matt Deckard

Reaction score
Check out the video. The ones made for me are a special make on the #1 last, I wanted that bigger toe box like the originals. I also asked for a Poron insole and Rendenbach soles with a leather combination heel. Very light weight, these are as close to the originals as they get. I plan on taking them out on the dance floor tonight at the world famous Cicada Club. But first I'm going to take them on a two mile break in walk to scuff up the soles so they don't slide too much while dancing. Thanks again to Allen Edmonds for returning this breathable style to the lineup. COMPLETELY AMAZING! If you don't have spectator shoes in the 21st century, you must be living in the past! http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../0/BRdh9qqQC70
IMG_2955-vi.jpg
IMG_2953-vi.jpg
IMG_2942-vi.jpg
IMG_2943-vi.jpg
MattDeckardStrawfut-vi.jpg

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Thank you for posting those photos - lovely shoes, and unfortunately they only serve to push the Strawfut higher up on my list.

I also checked out your videos on suiting fabric and hat care - very informative.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Put me down in the contrarian / red pill / these-look-fugly camp. Sorry, my straw-footed friends.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmac11c
I saw the brown on brown Strawfuts in the Plano, Texas store last night. I didn't really consider them until today...Very nice shoes! Since it gets so damned hot down here, I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating a purchase now. Also saw the New Orleans, but I like the Strawfut's more.

Bmac

Yea i was at Willow Bend a few days ago and swung through there to check em out. I was impressed and will be most likely getting a pair for summer. I did like the new orleans though too. Guess i need both!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads