• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the topic has been mentioned briefly here. I was at the Phoenix AE store and picked up some Winhalls on clearance. The sales person said they were being cleared out because they were thinking about a new woven shoe for Spring 2011.

I almost jokingly contacted AE to ask if the shoe the sales person was talking about was the elusive Strawfut. Here is the response I got back.
----------
Chris,

At this point the spring 2011 line is still going through the engineering and evaluation process and is still a ways from being finalized. I can however confirm that I did see a new version of the "Strawfut" in the mix. Like I said, the line is not set in stone at this point, however you are not the only individual to express interest in having us bring the style back.
----------

There may be hope - but like they said, nothing firm at this time.

Chris

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Squirrel
Ahh! That was you...

I want a pair!

No two pairs!

I will buy at least one.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
Good Lord, where is my flamethrower?

C'mon. If it was a nice chestnut or brandy color you would be all over that.

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NukeMeSlowly
C'mon. If it was a nice chestnut or brandy color you would be all over that.

And from what I understand that shoe in the picture is a 60 year-old refinished model somebody brought in.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Enough to splurge on 1sts?

For a second, I thought that you had written "splooge," and I was going to praise your insight.

But, as it turns out, that was not what you wrote.

- B

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Received my Spring 2011 catalog today.
The Strawfut and Sanford are back in the lineup. They are joined by some nice new weaves and others along with some new matching belts.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hohneokc
I know the topic has been mentioned briefly here. I was at the Phoenix AE store and picked up some Winhalls on clearance. The sales person said they were being cleared out because they were thinking about a new woven shoe for Spring 2011.

I almost jokingly contacted AE to ask if the shoe the sales person was talking about was the elusive Strawfut. Here is the response I got back.
----------
Chris,

At this point the spring 2011 line is still going through the engineering and evaluation process and is still a ways from being finalized. I can however confirm that I did see a new version of the "Strawfut" in the mix. Like I said, the line is not set in stone at this point, however you are not the only individual to express interest in having us bring the style back.
----------

There may be hope - but like they said, nothing firm at this time.

Chris

There is an AE store in PHX!?!? Did not know this!

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the Phoenix store info. The guy that helped me was great to work with.

Allen Edmonds
Biltmore Fashion Park
2502 E Camelback Rd; Ste 100A
Phoenix, Arizona 85016
USA

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.