1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen-Edmonds Sold to Private Firm

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stax, Jul 20, 2006.

1. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Well-Known Member

I found a pair in chestnut at a discount shop last Saturday, 39.99. Decent shape, and I am sure I could at somepoint in the future have them reconditioned.

I bought a new pair on ebay a while back and wore them for the first time last week. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite pairs of shoes.

I've just got to get my hands on a pair of Colton in chestnut before they run out.

2. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

I bought a new pair on ebay a while back and wore them for the first time last week. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite pairs of shoes.

I've just got to get my hands on a pair of Colton in chestnut before they run out.

Wearing mine today with some casual corduroy trousers. Like them. A lot less boring and conservative than the average AE shoe.
    The Colton looks good.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

It looks like we'll just have to wait and see what changes come forward. Warren Buffet bought several cowboy boot companies and I've not seen in decrease in quality.

4. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

Considering Johnston & Murphy shoes now retail for up to $350 (standard leather - no exotic skin), it would seem that Allen Edmonds could bump up their price a bit.

5. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

Considering Johnston & Murphy shoes now retail for up to $350 (standard leather - no exotic skin), it would seem that Allen Edmonds could bump up their price a bit.

They just did. Their basic calfskin dress shoes (Park Avenue et al.) just went up to $305 from $295. I think they had been at that price point for about 18 months or so. Before that is was $285.

6. Avers

Avers Well-Known Member

They just did. Their basic calfskin dress shoes (Park Avenue et al.) just went up to $305 from $295. I think they had been at that price point for about 18 months or so. Before that is was $285.

They just keep up with inflation.

I think VersaceMan meant larger price bump.

William