• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Sizing Advice

Steveivor

Reaction score
I am going down the road of buying used Allen Edmonds, I bought a pair of Park Avenues in what would usually be my size, 11E, but they are substantially longer than any of my other shoes, and are lose in the heel, and have lace gap, I generally have a bit wider forefoot , and narrow heel, any advice on what size Park Avenues I should be looking at?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going down the road of buying used Allen Edmonds, I bought a pair of Park Avenues in what would usually be my size, 11E, but they are substantially longer than any of my other shoes, and are lose in the heel, and have lace gap, I generally have a bit wider forefoot , and narrow heel, any advice on what size Park Avenues I should be looking at?
Can you go to a store for a fitting? Try 11D and 10.5 E

Steveivor

Reaction score
I live in Canada so im about 3 hours from the closest Allen Edmonds store in Bellevue. I also have a pair of Vernons in 12d I found at a thrift store for $13, they fit well in the heel but are a bit narrow for the forefoot

ValidusLA

Reaction score
Allen Edmonds cuts for width in a way a lot of shoe makers don't.

I have a high arc, high bridge, and very wide foot. For most shoes this means I go up some sizes so my foot squeezes into the toe box. I always thought I was a US 12.

When I bought my first Park Avenues I bought 12D as I thought this was my size. Significant lace gap, bit loose in the toe, pretty snug in the heel.

Then I went in store and put on a 10.5 EEE - fit like a glove, no lace gap.

My guess is you have a width issue and you've always sized up w/o really wearing a shoe in your true size.

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.