• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds - Sizing - 0 Last

johnteachl

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about buying a pair of Allen Edmonds Evanston in 10B I was wondering how the 0 last fits in relation to the width? Unfortunately I don't have the ability to try the shoes on but I can get them for a good price point. AEs website describes the last as "A more pronounced cone and elongated forepart with a subtly clipped toe create a sleek silhouette" but that doesn't give me too much info on the width so I thought I would try and get a few experts to give me additional details.

I have a pair of the Allen Edmonds Hale (8 Last) in 10D which feel roomie, I could definitely go down to a C but not sure about a B (as I have never tried one on).

Thanks guys!

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnteachl
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about buying a pair of Allen Edmonds Evanston in 10B I was wondering how the 0 last fits in relation to the width? Unfortunately I don't have the ability to try the shoes on but I can get them for a good price point. AEs website describes the last as "A more pronounced cone and elongated forepart with a subtly clipped toe create a sleek silhouette" but that doesn't give me too much info on the width so I thought I would try and get a few experts to give me additional details.

I have a pair of the Allen Edmonds Hale (8 Last) in 10D which feel roomie, I could definitely go down to a C but not sure about a B (as I have never tried one on).

Thanks guys!

I would say the 0 last is average at the ball of foot, and slightly narrow in the toe, YMMV.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll +1 to the above, maybe slightly wider then normal at the ball but the toe box tapers quite quickly. I have a narrow heel and wide ball, so the last pretty much works for me, except that mr. pinky toe gets a little squashed so I have to stretch them a little.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for all of above.
The 'Bel Air' is also on the 0 last and the fit, for me is exactly as Master-Classter stated above.
Where possible, this is a last number that needs to be tried on first before purchasing.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Firstly, you need to know what size shoe you wear. Going from a D to a B and then a D again isn't going to make things easy. I do have experience with the 0, and I can tell you that, for me, there's no difference in fit between it and the 5 (Park Ave., McAllister). I know my size and it carries over from last to last.

jays978

Reaction score
I have slightly wide feet and a D caused my heels to blister almost to the flesh the first few hours I wore them..Needless to say, I switched to an E.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard that the heel is always one width smaller then the shoe's... so consider that if you up the shoe width, the heel gets wider too. In my case, I found a D a little snug in the ball, but when I went up to the E (or was it EE?), my heel came right out. So I chose instead to have the bal be a bit snug and stretch that a little.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads