• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Shoes---LEEDS--Shell Cordovan?

I4Fashion

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knew if these Allen Edmonds (LEEDS) shoes were genuine shell.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some are, some aren't. i don't see a picture or link, so i can't tell you what you're looking at.

assuming they're on their first sole/heels, the shell cordovans would have a combination heel and the calfskins would have an all rubber heel. assuming they're brand new, the shell cordovans will be stamped shell cordovan on the sole.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$304 (actually, $305) is the base price for a pair of Allen Edmonds calfskin shoes.

They're calf.

Also, if you select a size, "Black calf" comes up in the color selection box.

You can get Allen Edmonds for $125-200 during sales or on Ebay, but the Leeds is one of the styles that is hard to get on sale. I don't think I've seen my size, in brand new condition, on sale on ebay for at least a year, if not more.

I4Fashion

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks. I just got a pair in 12 D. Almost new. The leather uppers ripple rather than wrinkle and I just thought they might be SC.
Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics