Allen Edmonds shoes for sale in Toronto

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shqiptar, Dec 11, 2004.

1. shqiptar

shqiptar Well-Known Member

Hey gents.

Harry Rosen is having a major store discount on a lot of shoes. AE's Bradleys are discounted 1/3rd of the original price: can$425 (all sizes). There is also the last pair of AE's Park Avenue, size 9D, reduced at 40% off can$450 (really beautiful in dark brown).

Maybe, some of you don't know, so I thought it might be helpful. There are also sales on Ferragamo, Giorgio Armani (the dark sand-leather dress boots are very nice), Ecco, Boss, and some other ones. Not bad at all.

2. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Is this just shoes?

Are they having any sales on Brioni or Kiton suits?

3. Heron

Heron Well-Known Member

I noticed that Rosen doesn't list Brioni as one of the labels they carry and Brioni doesn't list Rosen as one of their retail outlets on their web site. I don't know if this means they've stopped carrying them or perhaps they aren't listed because they are private labeling them.

4. MilanoStyle

They do. Visit their website and take a look at Bloor street store section. They are the only store in Toronto carries Brioni and Kiton.

5. shqiptar

They do have some Brioni, but nothing for sale. Apart from sales on shoes, there were no discounts on a lot of suits. Some of their overcoats were for sale, especially a 100% wool one in grey, blue and black. I'm talking about the Bay&Bloor location. On the first floor they had for sale a lot of sweaters, casual shirts, pants, jeans, ties, etc. Not more than 25% though.

The only place that carries a lot of the high-end suits and jackets is Marc Laurent one block east of the Harry Rosen, on the south side. There is Club Monaco, and a bit further you'll find Marc Laurent. They have Brioni, Barbera, Kitton, Paul Stuart, Sartoria Napoli, etc. Great to look at their merchandise, but their price tags will drive you away.

6. Heron

Heron Well-Known Member

They do. Â Visit their website and take a look at Bloor street store section. Â They are the only store in Toronto carries Brioni and Kiton.
    Ahh, right you are. I didn't get to the Bloor street location on their site which, with the benefit of hindsight, was the obvious one to look at. Have you ever been to their outlet store in Mississauga? It's a bit of a trip for me and wondered if it is worthwhile.

7. M & H-StArmands

M & H-StArmands New Member

BTW Allen-Edmonds has an eBay outlet store, don't know if you guys knew that. Go to the "store search" and type in Allen Edmonds. That should take you there.

8. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Ths is no deal on AE, I sell them all of time for $242.50 plus $20 US shipping to Canada everyday, any style

9. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Yeah, AE's are overpriced in Canada. The sale price here is pretty much the same as regular retail price in the States, especially with the taxes.

10. shqiptar

Great. Whether you have a store or are an e-bayer, put some link, so that I can consider it for future purchases.

The prices I quoted in canadian dollars are a reality here in Canada. There aren't many alternatives to buy high quality shoes at reasonable prices. That's why the announcement. I hope they'll reduce to 50% after Christmas (boxing days), and then I can possibly buy. If I could save some money on anything I'd wait and reconsider.

11. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Sorry, thought everyone knew it by now, apologize to the new members. Bennie's Shoes

12. Ed13

Ed13 Senior member

The Harry Rosen outlet store has good deals at times. I purchased a Brioni suit for $1150 last summer. Last spring I purchased a cashmere Brioni sportjacket for $500 but the surgeon cuffs were done incorrectly by their tailor and I returned it. I don't expect to find a deal like that again. They usually have a decent selection of Canali and Zegna suits (usually around $1000) with a few higher end models mixed in.

They usually have some Allen Edmonds shoes but the selection is hit and miss. I believe prices are around $250-350 pair.

Much better than the Holt renfrew outlet in Toronto.

13. MilanoStyle

I visited Harry Rosen on Bloor yesterday. Some Brioni, Kiton, and Boss Baldarssari are on sale. On Brioni, I did not find anything that I like on sale. There was one Boss Baldarssari (spell?) suit l liked. It's $2999 reg, but $2200 on sale. Very lovely 2 button suit. But the jacket seemed to be bit long.

I ended up buying 2 button vintage brown stripe Canali suit for $1075 where reg price was $1800.

Harry Rosen Outlet has some good stuff. If you are lucky, you can find Brioni, and Zegna Napoli XXX for around $2100.
    Canali is about $1100 to start.

I bought my Ermengildo Zegna suit at $800 where Reg $2400. It is beyond me how the suit made it to the outlet store.

Seeing all these mark down prices, I really do not feel like paying full retail for suits anymore.

14. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Yes, there is pretty much no need to pay full retail for any RTW item, ever.