• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Shoe Factory Tour Video

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is how they make'm.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shit on shit. Why anyone would spend cash on these instead of right priced C&J is beyond me. There leathers are plastic looking and their designs are has-been.

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Shit on shit. Why anyone would spend cash on these instead of right priced C&J is beyond me. There leathers are plastic looking and their designs are has-been.

cuz you can get them for $150 if you shop well (for firsts). I bought a pair of hale and mora for $150 each...can't beat that.

aragon765

Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
cuz you can get them for $150 if you shop well (for firsts). I bought a pair of hale and mora for $150 each...can't beat that.

+1

There is quite a jump in price - but only taking into mind deals available on AE. At full retail, there are better options, I think.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Still plastic looking at $150.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Horween Cordovan shoes are a nice grab when you can get them @$200. Cant argue there.

Keon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver
The Horween Cordovan shoes are a nice grab when you can get them @$200. Cant argue there.

I thought Horween was Alden's vendor? Unless maybe they both use it. Although, AE cordovan shoes just don't look nearly as good as Alden's.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

AE's at retail are a crime.

AE's at $150 or below are a solid deal.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great video!

butkusrules

Reaction score
whnay.;1574180 said:
Shit on shit. Why anyone would spend cash on these instead of right priced C&J is beyond me. There leathers are plastic looking and their designs are has-been.[/QUOTE

Curious but how is C & J so much better that they make AE look like shit? Ive never worn CJ but I have a pair of Park Avenues that I find enjoyable.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my AE's have slightly thinner/not as supple leather as my C&J's, but i wouldn't call them plasticky. they all pick up conditioner/cream/polish quite well, and without touching them i don't think i would be able to tell the quality differences between leathers (although granted i'm not a super expert on leathers).

Wrenkin

Reaction score

Because sometimes you want the classic look. Also, they make them in a lot of sizes.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Keon
I thought Horween was Alden's vendor? Unless maybe they both use it. Although, AE cordovan shoes just don't look nearly as good as Alden's.

Horween supplies to many companies worldwide FYI, and is the only producer of Shell Cordo in the U.S

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.6%
  • 31 - 40