1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Allen Edmonds Shell Cordovan MacNeil - 7.5EE

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by FaRKle, Apr 20, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

Continuing the "shoes that don't fit me very well sale," I have a pair of Shoebank seconds AE burgundy shell cordovan, MacNeil, longwing, bluchers. As seen from the sole pictures, these don't have much wear on them. The seconds defects are some broguing that isn't super clean, and slightly misaligned eyelets, which to me, aren't really noticeable.

Price is $150 shipped CONUS. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. morp

morp New Member

Hi Sir,

I'm thinking about these. What is your standard size and in what way do they not fit you? I'm typically an 8E in Allen Edmonds so I'm thinking of giving these a shot.

Thanks,
    Richard

3. razl

razl Senior member

4. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

Morning Richard,

On the brannock device I'm a size 7.5 heel to ball, and just under 8 heel to big toe, which is my longest toe. Width-wise, I fall right on the line between D/E widths. With AE shoes I find that their arch support runs about a half size long, and I get the best fit from a size 7. I also find that AE's typically have less volume than others (such as Alden), such that I usually wear an EE or EEE width depending on the last.

These shoes are a bit too long for me, and the heel is a bit wide. A 7.5E MacNeil fits my heel better, but the outer toe taper is too sharp and pinches my little toe. The 7.5EE has enough room in the ball of the foot and toe area, but my heel is barely grabbed at all. The 97 last has a lot of arch support, and my slightly flatter feet find it to be too high and extends too far forward. Which lasts does an 8E fit you well on? The 97 last fits more differently than most of the other AE lasts IMO, and just isn't a good fit for my feet.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  5. morp

morp New Member

Thanks for such a thoughtful, detailed response! Followed up via PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.