• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds 'SEVEN' in danger unless

Nexus6

Reaction score
You 'didn't read this from me, but...

un-officially,
Allen Edmonds will dis-continue their recently launched 'SEVEN' line soon if sales don't pick up.
Apparently the line is not moving as expected.

Probably the senior members already know this,
but it was news to me and I am just sharing.

Sorry if this is a re-post of information in any way.

Please feel free to contact Allen Edmonds to confirm this.

Probably the 'politest' and indiscreet way to get that info,
would be to inquire why the 'SEVEN' line is not featured in their new Spring 2009 Catalogue.

1-800-235-2348

I do apologize in advance if it was inappropriate to have posted this thread.

I want so much to support AE, as they are one of the few companies trying to survive that deserve to survive.

Personally I love Allen Edmonds product.
I just cannot afford the 'SEVEN' line 'Tresana'.
It is just out of my reach, but it surely is a pretty creation.

We really need to support MADE IN THE U.S.A (and Canada)

Even though I am on the poor man list,
and usually hope for tossed AE's at a thrift store,
I made an exception and bought (at full Retail) a pair of AE 'Bel Air's.

I just want so much to see AE survive. (Alden too ofcourse and the others made in North America)

C'mon guys!
Treat yourself to at least ONE pair of AE's at retail this spring.
smile.gif

I can't even afford it, but I managed,
and I love my Bel Air's~!!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nexus6

C'mon guys!
Treat yourself to at least ONE pair of AE's at retail this spring.
smile.gif

Well, that's a dumb thing to say.

Style Pontifex

Reaction score
This vaguely reminds me of "Buy American!" auto pleas. Doesn't work. The market is the best & final arbiter.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for the discontinued sale.

FreedBird

Reaction score
Some of the Seven shoes are nice, but they are still overpriced and the majority of the designs are meh. I feel like AE tried to do a high end Italian shoe, but got all the details wrong. The soles are colored to make them look like they have a beveled waist when they don't. People who know shoes look at it and realize that there are much better shoes for the money out there. The whole good thing about AE is they are priced under other good quality shoes out there. The Sevens might be a decent buy, but only once they are on big discount.

Mr T

Reaction score
Instead of discontinuing and later resurrecting shoe models that seem remarkably similar Allen Edmonds needs to put money and effort into their quality control. In the past year I have returned 3 pair of AE for poor quality.

Eagle

Reaction score
The Seven line has seemed out of place in the AE line-up, since it's very inception. Allen Edmond's has always been a solid, well made shoe for the (American) gentleMAN. The prissy-a**ed, low profile, anorexic Seven designs were came off as more appropriate for a prima-ballerina, than for a man's feet. AE's should give the impression that they were made for getting the job done...not for tiptoeing through the tulips!
wink.gif

StopPolloition

Reaction score
First time I saw these, I was really shocked. It doesn't look anything like the rest of the Allen Edmonds line up. I think it would be easier and more successful for them to make a line of shoes with English style lasts with hidden channel soles. I would actually purchase those. The AE Seven line I would never consider purchasing at any price.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Why would you buy American-made European shoes when you can buy European-made European shoes?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FreedBird
Some of the Seven shoes are nice, but they are still overpriced and the majority of the designs are meh. I feel like AE tried to do a high end Italian shoe, but got all the details wrong. The soles are colored to make them look like they have a beveled waist when they don't. People who know shoes look at it and realize that there are much better shoes for the money out there. The whole good thing about AE is they are priced under other good quality shoes out there. The Sevens might be a decent buy, but only once they are on big discount.

+1

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
Why would you buy American-made European shoes when you can buy European-made European shoes?

They are made in Italy.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
They are made in Italy.

Are they outsourced?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads