• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds - Rutledge (Independence Collection)

terrencemcgee

Reaction score
OK, so here's the deal. I've never owned a pair of Allen Edmonds, and I would like to try a pair as my first nice dress shoes. I in the past have just bought $80 Rockports and such, and it's time to step up my game. I keep hearing great things about Allen Edmonds, so that's why I chose them.

However, I just can't afford full price. I got the contact for the factor seconds listing, and, unfortunately, the shoe I have my heart set on - the Rutledge - is not on the list.

Does anyone know of any other way to get a pair of Rutledge's without paying the full $445. I'd love to start a lifetime of Allen Edmonds wearing, but I can't bring myself to jump in if it's a $445 buy-in...

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a brand new shoe that has only been out a few weeks. I'm sure the seconds will accumulate in time.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you looking at the highest line of Allen Edmonds? If you're in the $240-$340 price range, look at their main line of shoes such as Strand, McAllister, Park Avenue, etc.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you looking at the highest line of Allen Edmonds? If you're in the $240-$340 price range, look at their main line of shoes such as Strand, McAllister, Park Avenue, etc.

In fairness, if he finds a second in an Independence line during the Summer sale on seconds, I expect it would probably come out somewhere in the $250 - $300 price range. That said, that's alot of money for the quality of the seconds that people have been seeing lately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads