• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Quality Control is not what is used to be Mora 2.0

acesup_11

Reaction score
Do you guys think I should send them back or just deal with it. I just got them from the website took almost 2 months to get here.

here is the gallery

http://imgur.com/a/xSs04#0

sorry about the crappy pics used a cell phone camera but you guys get the point.

hawkinomics

Reaction score
Is this a QC issue? It's a lump like a button right on the inside quarter of my right shoe. They're park avenues.

red81

Reaction score
anything less than 100% satisfaction with the shoe should warrant a return.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bad

Last edited:

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Then don't switch to Alden. Their quality problems are bad enough to make AE's quality problems look like a day at the beach. And don't get me started on Alden's shitty customer service (where AE excels like you wouldn't believe). Despite all of the this, Alden is now twice the price of AE. It's ironic, isn't it? The Alden junkies (especially those here on Style Forum) will deny all of this (except the current price gap between AE and Alden, of course).

Go with Crockett & Jones instead. The prices are now a bit lower than Alden (despite exchange rates between the American Dollar and English Pound that are favorable for the English but just as unfavorable for Americans) and far superior to Alden in every conceivable way (excluding quanitity but including quality of handwork and, of course, customer service).

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're not happy with them, take them back and ask for a refund or exchange.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 61 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 118 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 37 10.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%