• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

allen edmonds park aves bought off ebay question

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought these off ebay and the seller send me an additional picture when i asked about leather creasing of the shoes. (Keep in mind I paid $120 for them) is this weird creasing on the top of the shoe out of the ordinary??
dsc02070largetk5.jpg
pics from the auction:
cf40_1.JPG
f968_1.JPG

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks weired. But will anyone notice?

Are these seconds?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
That looks terrible. I have two pair of PA's (black and brown) and neither pair has creasing like that at all.

They are not worth $120 with that type of wear and it looks like he was trying to hide the creases in his original photos.

I would try and back out of the deal.

Bob01

Reaction score
Wow - I'd be pissed off... If they fit well, and you don't mind too much the way they look, it might be easier to negotiate a partial refund (say maybe 50%).

Those look like seconds - actually he creases look alot like the ones on a pair of Byrons I picked up yesterday at the Nordy Rack sale. - How does creasing look with your feet in them?

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The creasing does not look good. The sole stitching job looks worse, note the crooked part and how it goes right to the edge of the toe front.

They are marked as seconds.

That said, you could do much worse with $120 on shoes. The creasing will not be noticable most of the time unless you have Tom Browne pants.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this seller seems like a good person, she will let me back out if i decide to. she also sent a whole bunch more pics.... the shoe looks in pretty good shape except those weird creases... i have a feeling these are from nordstrom rack or something........ Btw I actually got them for 100 after live.com cashback.
dsc02073qy0.jpg
dsc02079vx5.jpg

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I would guess the creasing is the reason they are seconds.

unaware

Reaction score
They look like they've been sitting in a box for a while, and one of them (the left one) was getting crushed in that box.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
The creasing does not look good. The sole stitching job looks worse, note the crooked part and how it goes right to the edge of the toe front. They are marked as seconds. That said, you could do much worse with $120 on shoes. The creasing will not be noticable most of the time unless you have Tom Browne pants.
If they fit get some % off. Then in a year or two get them resoled with rubber (for Winter). So it finally could be a bargain.

kemaanum

Reaction score
Most likely seconds, I bought a pair off Ebay and they were mint for $99. I would return them at the sellers expense and wait for another pair.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont understand the sole stitching issue, can someone explain it to me... here is another picture she sent.
dsc020812aq0.jpg
also, so i paid $100 for these total... to me the creasing doesnt look too bad..... hmmmm i really dont know what to do.

wgiceman

Reaction score
If the creasing does not bother you, I would keep them. No one else will ever notice the creases anyway.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it difficult to find park avenues that cheap?
i had never seen them that low before.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Park Avenues are the dressier bal shoe Allen Edmonds makes. They are a classic dress shoe on a relatively nice last. If you wish a very nice conservative captoe, you can do a lot worse than the Park Avenue. Often worn by the trads.

I have also been told they are major money maker for AE. Because they are classic and not seasonal, they do not get discontinued, rarely go on sale, and are hard to find at a discount. I was able to pick up two pair -one Brown and one Black for very reduced price with lots of looking and I use them for going to court and similar purposes.

I agree that for $100.00 you have a nice deal. The creasing is slightly annoying, but (1) it will not be noticed except by fellow SF members and (2) most of the time it will be covered by the pants' leg. In any event, a slightly creased Park Avenue beats the plastic square-toed monstrosities that most men wear every day of the year and twice on Sundays. Wear and enjoy.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen similar minor sloppiness on countless AEs. If you don't like it, you can obviously return it, but there is no guarantee you won't get a similar (or worse) boo-boo on another internet pair.

The only way you could avoid it is to go to a shop, physically inspect the pair, and pay full retail.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads