• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen-Edmonds outlet store sale

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I called Helen at the Jeffersonville, Ohio store the other day.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The A-E Outlet at Cabazon, CA, is having theirs at the same time. However, according to the Allen-Edmonds book, they stagger their sales sometimes so they can shift personnel to meet the extra traffic. I was told that the Cabazon outlet is going to have its fall sale later this year, probably in October or November, rather than around Labor Day, as they did in 2004. Seems a lot of people didn't want to brave the desert heat, and they probably can draw on more traffic from L.A. to the Palm Springs area later in the year.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who know:

1) Is it possible to call in and order via mail from the outlets?

2) Anybody know what styles are available and at what price?  Would they be the recently discontinued styles?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NoVaguy: I believe that it is possible to call in and order from the outlets if you're confident about your size and the last. They have expressed a willingness to do that for me. However, I have been a regular customer since soon after they opened the Cabazon outlets.

For the sale, all their regular items will be market down by about $30. However, this does not apply to their closeouts, whose prices are unaffected. I had been planning to wait for this sale, but when I learned several styles I wanted were being offered as closeouts, I drove out to Cabazon on Sunday and picked up three pairs. If you call one of the outlets, I am sure they can fax you a list of what they have on closeout with the prices. Most commonly, these range between $129 and $161. I just got the Kingsley in chili for $161, the Benton in chili for $150 and the Shelton in chili for $129. Obviously, I like the chili color. Hope this helps.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great prices, I wish they had not closed all of those chili shoes out, they are getting so away from the color for some reason, going to this antibes brown for whatever reason, and the chili is so much better looking.

shoefan

Reaction score
I would suggest you get on one of the stores' mailing lists; they run occasional very big specials which can be great. For example, about a year and a half ago they had all their models (seconds) available for $109/pair; I ordered 3 pair via the mail, so they will sell via phone orders. A few years earlier, they had an offer on what they called "odd sizes" (as I recall, all sizes 8.5 and below, and maybe 12 and above, plus the narrow and wide widths in other sizes) during which all were $99 a pair. These offers only seem to happen every few years, but they are worthwhile when they happen.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great prices, I wish they had not closed all of those chili shoes out, they are getting so away from the color for some reason, going to this antibes brown for whatever reason, and the chili is so much better looking.
I agree - the chili is great. I have three - dellwood, cornell, and the bicycle front welted penny loafer (I think the sheridan). I've been polishing my benton's in chili so I guess I have 4.

I might give Ohio a call to see what they have in chili.

As an aside - does anybody know if any of the regular stores get the closeout items at closeout prices? (There is a regular store in DC, around DuPont circle)

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shoefan - how do you get on the mailing list?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an aside - does anybody know if any of the regular stores get the closeout items at closeout prices?  (There is a regular store in DC, around DuPont circle)
The DC store (which is actually located closer to Farragut North), had discontinued models selling for 25% off a few weeks ago.  I picked up a pair of burgundy Chesters.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chris: I have noticed considerable variations in dye lots with the A-E Brown Antibes color. I got the Bergland in this color last spring, and it was quite similar to the chili but a little darker and richer and very handsome indeed. I later got the Hancock in the Brown Antibes and it was much duller, more of a grayish-brown. I found them a little disappointing compared to the sumptious color on my Berglands. At least the new Birmingham is available in chili, and it's near the top of my A-E "want" list, which is getting kind of short these days since I have pretty well sated myself with A-Es.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I got this in an email today:

Save up to 50% during our
Semi-Annual Sale.

From February 17th - 27th, save 15% on our entire stock of slightly imperfect footwear. Save even more on discontinued styles.

Save up to 50% on discontinued belts including the double seam tipset belt (pictured with the Garner) regularly $120, now $59. Save 15% on our exclusive RecraftingÂ
00ae.png
service, hosiery and more.

Visit your Allen-Edmonds store today. Sale ends February 27th.
Allen-Edmonds Company Shoe Store
Prime Outlets Jeffersonville I
8665 Factory Shops Boulevard
Jeffersonville, Ohio 43128
740-948-9033
Mon.-Thu. 10-7, Fri.-Sat. 10-9, Sun. 11-6

Garner in black custom calf
Regularly $222, Now $159

Kingsley in chili or black
Regularly $214, Now $159

Woodstock in black calf
Regularly $177, Now $129

Key Largo in dark brown
Regularly $132, Now $99

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was the email address? I'll like to email them rather than calling.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
NoVaguy, I can't seem to figure out what their email address is. It simply appears as <Allen-Edmonds Jeffersonville>.

BTW, I replied to your post under "Against Generic Sizing" over on AA.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andrew V:

Thanks - I'll just give them a call. Thinking of maybe getting the garner. I also replied on AA. I got bored and measured the sleeves of my generic sized shirts and post the measurements up.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
Well I drove down this afternoon and got a pair of Hastings in chili for $188.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads