• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds online sale

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
I just ordered some Malvern Boots for 249.00 plus tax directly from AE.
Not sure how long the sale will last.
Looks like several of the shoes are on-sale.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 997CTSurg

What are you thoughts on the botos? Also which color did you get? What do you wear them with...

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
What are you thoughts on the botos? Also which color did you get? What do you wear them with...
I like them. I have been a big fan of boots and usually wear.........gasp.......Red Wings in the operating room as my operating shoes. I also have a few pairs of Alden boots which I wear quite a bit to work. I have not completely broken them in as of yet but I do like them. I got the brown burnished color and have been wearing them with khakis and jeans. I am very new to the style thing and I am a very conservative dresser. They seem to be well made and I think will be quite comfortable once I train them to my feet.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red wings in the OR WTF?
laugh.gif

You're definetly in the right place...SF
I just stick to Danskas in the cath lab
ffffuuuu.gif
Ha

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe it will last until the 31st. I recall seeing that on the banner on their front page when I read the details a few weeks ago.

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Much harder for the perfusionists to fill up my Red Wings than my danskos or birkenstocks.
Not much use for Balmorals in the OR, and they look kinda funny with scrubs.

Originally Posted by anginaprinzmetal
Red wings in the OR WTF?
laugh.gif

You're definetly in the right place...SF
I just stick to Danskas in the cath lab
ffffuuuu.gif
Ha

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the black grain leather since I already own a pair of Clarks DB in brown leahter.

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
The real problem now is that I have the itch to buy about four or five more pairs of shoes and am looking around for some balmoral style brogues.
Kinda picky
I prefer american made too

changy

Reaction score
Think about the malvern in suede. Any pictures in the wild? I've have never seen those in person and am afriad they might be too potatoe like. Also, I'm a 8.5D in the 8 last, will a 8.5D in these fit?

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
I will work on some. My apologies up front for the quality.
I don't think they look too potatoish.....but I'm not exactly a fan of the sleek shoes so I might have some judgmental bias.
I only have two pair of Allen Edmonds and I am still figuring out the fit.
These are 11.5 D and seem to fit well. My Alden boots are 11 D and have a similar fit.
The other Aldens I have are 11 D and unfortunately I don't know the last off-hand.

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
Think about the malvern in suede. Any pictures in the wild? I've have never seen those in person and am afriad they might be too potatoe like. Also, I'm a 8.5D in the 8 last, will a 8.5D in these fit?
I was in the market for a chukka about a month ago and I settled on something else then the AE Malvern because it was just a little too "potato like" as you say. Not terribly so, but much more then other Chukkas in or around the same price range. I'm a young guy and I like a sleeker shoe. Not dumb looking Cole Haan or Hugo Boss sleek... but sleeker than the AE in this case. My 2 cents...

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
I was in the market for a chukka about a month ago and I settled on something else then the AE Malvern because it was just a little too "potato like" as you say.

Not terribly so, but much more then other Chukkas in or around the same price range.

I'm a young guy and I like a sleeker shoe. Not dumb looking Cole Haan or Hugo Boss sleek... but sleeker than the AE in this case.

My 2 cents...

Thanks, what did you end up picking, if you don't mind me asking.

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
After numerous failed attempts at pictures, I have determined that I am no photographer and that the boots look pretty damn good. I will continue to try.........might have to get my GF to take the pics. She might............just might.............if she's not creeped out by my asking her to take shoe pictures for an online forum
ffffuuuu.gif

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
I was in the market for a chukka about a month ago and I settled on something else then the AE Malvern because it was just a little too "potato like" as you say.

Not terribly so, but much more then other Chukkas in or around the same price range.

I'm a young guy and I like a sleeker shoe. Not dumb looking Cole Haan or Hugo Boss sleek... but sleeker than the AE in this case.

My 2 cents...

I actually disagree. The clark DB's are more potato like than AE.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After numerous failed attempts at pictures, I have determined that I am no photographer and that the boots look pretty damn good. I will continue to try.........might have to get my GF to take the pics. She might............just might.............if she's not creeped out by my asking her to take shoe pictures for an online forum
ffffuuuu.gif

HAHAHAHA which shoes did you get? I have received several compliments from people about mine. When I took them out of the box to show some family they were "wowed" and some friends were like "those are awesome." They are American looking, meaning they do not have a pointed tip so some may stray away from that. But other than that they are artfully crafted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics