• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds: Official Thread

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The styles and colors that have been eliminated from the Spring 2007 collection went on closeout December 11 for firsts and are now 25% off at Allen-Edmonds outlet stores. Current-production seconds have been on sale at 15% off throughout the month of December. Those seconds from the recently discontinued styles will be offered at 25% off. This should be $171.75 for those styles that currrently retail for $305 for firsts.

An unusually large number of styles are being discontinued for the Spring 2007 collection, including the Byron in all three colors, the Hastings, Bergland, Stockbridge, Stanford, Mapleton and quite a few others.

We had a thread on this a few weeks ago on the AAAC forum, but I don't know how to post links.

My View2

Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking this thread.

1) Can someone please tell me where I can get new Allen Edmonds shoes (either first-quality, seconds or discontinued models) on discount in LA? I am primarily looking for black shoes.

2) What range of prices do I expect to pay?

I am sure I can find some information if I am diligent in using the search function but I am in a rush and may I trouble those of you who are familiar with this to give me a quick answer.

Thank you very much for the trouble.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I considered posting this in the quick question thread, but I think it is complex enough that it would be out of sight before anyone responded.

Looking on the Allen Edmonds website, the 1 Last is said to be similar to the 7 from the heel to the ball of the foot, just the toe is fuller. I have a pair of MacNeil's (7) and recently got a pair of Bayfield boots, and so I have a couple of questions for those with more experience and exposure than I have. There is a slight size difference, the MacNeil's are 11D and the Bayfield are 10.5E (the better size for me). However, I feel more contact, if not to say support, in the arch area from the MacNeils - the waist of the shoe seems to wrap around under the foot, cradling the arch. This is not my experience with the Bayfield. I like the Bayfields, but I'm going to have to drop in some Dr. Scholl's arch support insoles in order to get the same effect, and I seem to need that effect. (The MacNeils, for all their overly long fit, are the only shoes I can wear without some sort of arch help.)

Do you think this is a difference in last number or a difference caused by the E versus D last? Put another way, would 10.5E MacNeils feel more like my 10.5E Bayfields or my 11D MacNeils?

I know the best way to do this is to walk into the store and try them on, but the last time I was in the Allen Edmonds store they were out of stock on MacNeil in 10.5E. The internet is the next best thing!

Mike

abraham

Reaction score
Title says it all. I want to buy a pair of Allen Edmonds Park Avenues on line and wonder where I can find the cheapest price.

Thanks for the help!

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
^^^ Used AE PA's for $250? Not a great deal.

OP, check eBay. You can find good deals (~$200 for new PAs) if you are willing to wait a few weeks. I just picked up a pair for a friend at that price. Also, some retailers (Benny's here in ATL) have AEs for less than retail. I think PAs at Benny's are $250 or so.

Edit: Online Benny's sells PAs for retail, so the discounted price must have been in-store only or a sale (although I don't recall seeing them listed as "sale" when i was there last).

JRB

Reaction score
I just got a pair of AEs from a local store that sells factory seconds. They do sell online, though their prices don't match up with their in-store price. You could give them a call and I'm sure they'd give you the in store price. I think the Park Avenue's were $220. Their website is about as glamorous as the store - http://www.searsshoestore.com/ . It may not be pretty, but I can vouch for their service.

ns7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken
^^^ Used AE PA's for $250? Not a great deal.

OP, check eBay. You can find good deals (~$200 for new PAs) if you are willing to wait a few weeks. I just picked up a pair for a friend at that price. Also, some retailers (Benny's here in ATL) have AEs for less than retail. I think PAs at Benny's are $250 or so.

Edit: Online Benny's sells PAs for retail, so the discounted price must have been in-store only or a sale (although I don't recall seeing them listed as "sale" when i was there last).

I believe that AE is 10% off at Benny's right now. You will pay 8% tax on it though making it equivalent to purchasing online. It has been 15% in the past but I have not seen it higher. Maybe someone else can chime in if they have observed a higher discount.

classicusa

Reaction score
Can't you get AEs at 20% off every day at Jos Bank? They now have an exclusive line of AEs---different name, looks like same shoe.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait for another sale at Shoe Bank. I just got strands there for $187. Some people were getting Lombards for as low as $135 while I was quoted $172. Unless you absolutely need them now wait.

seeds & tweeds

Reaction score
E also use twitter to announce events, which is an easy way to track when the have promotions. Their recent 2010 twelve days of XMas promo featured 20% various products including their shells for a day during that period. I continue to regret not buying then.

autospy

Reaction score
Try endless.com. They have Park Ave's for 20% off. Combined with 10% cashback from MrRebates, they will come out to $234 shipped. Great deal for 'firsts'.

francisco_bt

Reaction score
Can anyone from Houston tell me where is the nearest place from the IAH airport where I can buy a pair of AE Park Avenues and a belt?

Thanks in advance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads