• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen edmonds new shoe styles

JohnMS

Reaction score
I'm curious, this is a current AE shoe, but has AE offered the following shoe style in the past?
Edmonds1.jpg
Too bad it's only available in the merlot, black, chestnut colors. Â With the right antiquing, perhaps this would be a really good-looking shoe. Has anyone see this one in person? I called the LaSalle store in Chicago to ask about the shoe. First question I asked is if the shoe is a wholecut. Of course the salesperson asked me what a wholecut was. Perhaps I'd better call somewhere else.

TomW

Reaction score
Damn nice shoe. I've not seen anything quite like it from A-E before. Chestnut, properly antiqued, would look spectacular. I'm going to have to drop by the A-E store in SF this coming weekend to check them out.

They certainly appear to be wholecut, as there are no seams that I can see...

JohnMS

Reaction score
I think you're right. A chestnut with some custom antiquing might look quite nice. Maybe I could send some $$$ to Mr. Harris to work his magic on a pair.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like a space ship. Any second, the Enterprise will swoop into that picture and start firing phasers.

MPS

Reaction score
It would be fair to say that those shoes like a camp imitation of Ticker's "Cornish pasty" whole-cuts.

JohnMS

Reaction score
I haven't seen AE perfing so large in the past. I understand these are made on the narrow #5 last, hence the spaceship look.

I wonder if Mr. Stollenwerk has been monitoring this forum and decided to give the wholecut a go.

sirgarnetwolseley

Reaction score
It's a post-modernist brogue for the ironic hipster investment-banker. edited to add; They are nice if you're into that American shape though.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would've been even better if they'd just printed or embossed the broguing... or even even better, make the shoe in canvas and silkscreen a full brogue on it. like those t-shirts with the tuxedo printed on.
biggrin.gif
no but seriously...i guess they might be okay in certain situations (mainly ones that call for irony)...i'd just rather see the shoe with no broguing...or maybe just the toe medallion. /andrew - modernist, not post-modernist

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a post-modernist brogue for the ironic hipster investment-banker.
Maybe, but this ageing civil rights lawyer would be willing to wear them.

sirgarnetwolseley

Reaction score
make the shoe in canvas and silkscreen a full brogue on it

Or just get broguing tatooed onto your feet and go barefoot.

Maybe, but this ageing civil rights lawyer would be willing to wear them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the idea of these shoes. I'd prefer this style in a more chiseled, English shape though.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking to add a pair of wholecuts to my collection. Anyone have a favorite maker?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads