• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Neumora - swing and a miss

SJTM

Reaction score
Just tried on the Neumora. Apparently these initially had defects with the straps and were recalled. In store stock was very limited. This shoe is on the 333 last. I normally fit a 10D in most AE lasts, with some better than others, but all mostly consistent in length. I was swimming in these in a 10D and even a 9.5D had enough space for me to slip my thumb in behind my heel. I would guess this is in part the semi slip on nature of the design, but I think it is mostly the size of the toebox which is quite long and wide. If you decide to buy you definitely need to try on first.

I passed on these as I did not like the look of the squared off toe. Otherwise the design is fine, with a very unobtrusive welt, and a deep brown leather. I now just need to hear back from my email to Meermin as these seem to be what I am looking for.

RX78

Reaction score
I am interested in Neumora also, but a bit put off by the square toe. I really like the double monkstrap and cap toe look (more detail than the plain Norwich). I have read on AE's customer review that the strap issue has been addressed, but again the square toe look is my concern, and the pics from AE's website do not show it very well. I suppose the only way to go is like you said, find a store that carries it and try it on.

monsieurspiffy

Reaction score
i just pulled the trigger on a pair of these. i had mixed feelings looking at them online--mostly i felt like i would end up getting some other double monk. but, i tried them on in person at an allen edmonds store and they are much sleeker in person. the online pictures make it look terrible. the squaring of the toebox is very slight. i went from being extremely skeptical to loving them in person. i've tried on sid mashburn's double monks in person as well and the shape is very similar with the exception of the slight squaring in the toebox--which is suppose you have to decided whether or not that's a deal breaker for you.

these pictures are more reflective of what it actually look like:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/4800#post_5404150

i normally wear a 10C in AE park avenue, and i ended up getting a 9.5D in dark brown with the neumoras.

BFBFB

Reaction score
i just pulled the trigger on a pair of these. i had mixed feelings looking at them online--mostly i felt like i would end up getting some other double monk. but, i tried them on in person at an allen edmonds store and they are much sleeker in person. the online pictures make it look terrible. the squaring of the toebox is very slight. i went from being extremely skeptical to loving them in person. i've tried on sid mashburn's double monks in person as well and the shape is very similar with the exception of the slight squaring in the toebox--which is suppose you have to decided whether or not that's a deal breaker for you.
these pictures are more reflective of what it actually look like:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/4800#post_5404150
i normally wear a 10C in AE park avenue, and i ended up getting a 9.5D in dark brown with the neumoras.
those were my pics.
I still might grab these in Brown as the black does not look good in person.
To give you an indication of sizing of the AE shoes I own.
fairfax - 9.5 d
ridgeway 10 b
Neumok 9.5 d
In the Nuemora I had to size down to a 9 d but it fit very well.

Ayrton

Reaction score
I have both colors, and love the shoes. My only grip is the rear buckle is a pain to get on or off. I know there is a "fix" of replacing that strap with elastic, but I am hoping to forgo that route.

photon1701

Reaction score
I special ordered these and they were way too big in my expected size. I also felt the leather didn't look good and there a lot of scratch marks. Glad I didn't make a new order.

triumphman

Reaction score
IF I AM A SIZE 7.5 IN LEEDS, WHAT SIZE SHOULD I PURCHASE IN THE NEUMORA'S?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads