1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Lugano

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kronik, Aug 6, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Distinguished Member

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...00&imageType=1

I purchased these for 70 bucks on eBay.

Looked like simple loafers.. figured they were NIB, why the hell not. Why are they only 240? Do they use a lower grade of leather? I am relatively uninitiated in the ways of AE, owning only a pair of Kennetts. Thanks.

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...00&imageType=1

I purchased these for 70 bucks on eBay.

Looked like simple loafers.. figured they were NIB, why the hell not. Why are they only 240? Do they use a lower grade of leather? I am relatively uninitiated in the ways of AE, owning only a pair of Kennetts. Thanks.

non-welted (probably glued) construction, made in italy. AE cannot recraft the shoes, although a local cobbler might. i imagine that is the source of the lower price.

3. kronik

kronik Distinguished Member

Damnit.

I was wondering if I was just missing something in the pictures - they're apart of the "Dress" line which claims that all the shoes are up to a certain standard, hence the purchase.

4. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

Damnit.

I was wondering if I was just missing something in the pictures - they're apart of the "Dress" line which claims that all the shoes are up to a certain standard, hence the purchase.

But they're also part of the "Made in Italy" line -- hence the (Italo-Swiss) name. They can't be "recrafted" and probably aren't welted, although I don't own them and can't say for sure. In any case, they're not made in America, but that doesn't mean they aren't good shoes.

5. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

6. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Distinguished Member

bump how do you like these?