1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds - How to deal with leather soles?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fcong, Dec 11, 2015.

1. fcong

fcong Member

Recently I started wearing Allen Edmonds, but I still haven't got used to wearing leather soles; by the way, my working environment is kind of a mix of marble (!) and carpet - I'm thinking of sending the shoes to a local cobbler to put up some anti-slippery soles, what do you think - any other suggestions? Thanks!

2. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior Member

Leather soles are slippery when new. Once you've worn them around and broken them in (especially outside on concrete), they won't be so smooth and therefore less slippery. A cobbler could add a topy if you're really concerned.

3. rbhan12

rbhan12 Distinguished Member

Definitely add a rubber outsole. Your ass will thank you later when you didn't slip and fall into the puddle and ruin your new suit.

4. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior Member

As stated above once the shoes are worn they will not be nearly as slippery. With that said, I have vtread or vibram on all of my AE shoes because I do lot of walking in my shoes here in NYC.

5. fcong

fcong Member

Thank you guys for the suggestions, I appreciate that. These shoes are just beautiful, I should treat them well.

[​IMG]