• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds - how did i do?

chrise2004

Reaction score
hey everyone,

First post, long time lurker first time poster. At the advice of some other threads I finally got a pair of AE's and I purchased those on eBay slightly used. I just wanted to know how I did. Below is the link and attached are the pics that I took today after I got them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/23077943309...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1202

Did I get a fair price on a pair of slightly used AE's? I paid $120 not incl. shipping? Also the right shoe (3rd pic) the shoes were marked so they couldn't be returned, I've not seen this before. But this is my first pair of AE's so not sure about that.

I'm 99% for sure they're real, but a confirmation would make me feel any better.

Thanks everyone,
Chris

Chris

aperson

Reaction score
They look legit, as I'd expect. Selling $325 shoes for $120 isn't really what knock off outfits go for -- they prefer to sell items that retail for thousands, cost ten bucks to make the knock off, and then they sell it for $200.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on these photos It appears the previous owner wore them both barefoot and on wet sidewalks. As long as they don't smell you did ok. Welcome to Styleforum.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I first saw those pictures, I thought, "Whoa, those look pretty sleek for AEs. Are those Cliftons?"

Last edited:

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of lighter brown clifton's that I've worn sparingly that my wife bought for my birthday a couple years ago. Great quality shoe but the styling is really not too my liking. They are kind of bulky. I do have a pair of pomona tassled loafers that I've had for over a year that I cannot to break out when summer comes around. They are slimmer and sleeker looking.. that is to me anyways..

schrag

Reaction score
I bought that model in that colour too - for the same price. Never worn but had 2 small marks drilled into right sole.

Had some painful creasing on the right foot, but otherwise they've been good as my only black shoe... they take polish very well. Even in a 10 EEE the clifton looks pretty slim on my foot, though I might look into inserting a leather insole to take up some volume. I think the last (#8) was a larger volume one to accommodate orthodics.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a bad deal, but you could have done better.
IMO used AEs and Alden go for too much. You can usually do better buying new directly from AE.
For example last week AE had 2 pairs of seconds for $200

chrise2004

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the updates i feel good about these and hopefully will be getting some more colors/shoes to go with my dress clothes down the road. thanks for all the help/knowledge!

Storm33

Reaction score
I share the sentiments above - not a bad deal. They look good, so as long as they fit you comfortably you did great. Enjoy them! Get some decent shoe trees for them and they will last a long time.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to shabby of a deal.

And no, they don't make counterfeit Allen Edmonds haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics