• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Higgins Mill

turin39789

Reaction score
Managed to combine a few offers so that I was willing to pick up a pair of AE boots not on sale. Had always had my eye on the Daltons, but was looking for something that could go casual as well.

Enter the Higgins Mill.

Arrived yesterday, happy to open up but then seeing some blemishes. Not knowledgeable enough to know if this is run of the mill stuff or worth sending back for a new pair.

Hopefully photos are good enough.

In my language, a bit of an indent/depression on the toe of the right shoe. Also has lines near the heel that are colored but depressed. Some discoloration near the stitching on the right side.

Left shoe a few more depressed lines, a scratch or two, etc.

Am I being difficult?

20180622_084340.jpg

20180622_084015.jpg

20180621_170015.jpg

unsuitable

Reaction score
You are being difficult - but you paid for new so make whatever fuss you want with AE. I have found them to be exceptionally good at post-sale service. Good enough that I give them the benefit of the doubt on judgement calls a lot of the time. The few times they have really messed up they have take care of me entirely.

I would renomat them, polish them and put them in rotation. I have the Higgins Mill and I have found that they fit better over time - more breaking in, I guess, than most shoes. I don't wear them in the Summer (its too hot were I spend my weekends).

turin39789

Reaction score
How's the fit for you? I've got Strands in an 11D that fit like a glove. These felt a bit narrow/tight. Break in or size up?

unsuitable

Reaction score
I do think that HM fits me tighter than other AE boots in the same size, but I have issues you may not have.

I really need a 12.5 and AE only makes that size in limited models. So on boots I end up going up or down. As a results I am doomed to never have a great fit, in my experience.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's