• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen-Edmonds Has A Customer For Life ...

cmeisenzahl

Reaction score
So in the last 18 months I've purchased three pairs of Allen-Edmonds shoes: the Strand in Brown, the Dryden in Mocha, and the MacNeil longwings in burgundy shell cordovan.

A couple of months ago the Strands began to let loose w/ an annoying squeak with each step. Two weeks ago I contacted Allen-Edmonds customer service and asked about it. They quickly sent me a pre-paid mailer to send the shoes in for a free repair. A couple days later they tell me the shoes are definitely squeaky and they plan to send me a completely new pair, along with polish and a set of shoe trees, all gratis! I asked if they wouldn't mind sending me the replacement pair in Walnut since I have since bought two essentially brown pairs of shoes. They said it would be no problem.

When I got home today, these were waiting for me. I'm now a lifelong Allen-Edmonds customer! ;-)

Box_2.jpg

Shoes_2.jpg

Shoes_4.jpg

soxpats

Reaction score
Nice! Great customer service as well. I have 5 pair of AE shoes. First shoes I have ever owned that do not hurt my feet and can wear without issues.

atroopan

Reaction score
I like em - to my untrained eyes ! My Park Avenues get a lot of wear and have held up very well. Fan of the company.

troop

CitizenM

Reaction score
Those look a lot narrower than mine, which I find a bit chunky. Would you mind telling me your shoe width?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to hear stories of great customer service. Too rare IMHO.

Bandit44

Reaction score
Love those shoes.

I have had similar experiences with J&M. Their shoes have gone down in quality, but I've always found their customer service to be very good.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Perhaps Alden should so something about their CS. I am hearing a lot of quality issues in SW&D.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E has replaced a couple of pairs for me. Once, I sent in a pair for recrafting and they called me to tell me the leather shouldn't have worn like it did and they were sending me a new pair. The second time I think I had to ask, but they gave me no trouble at all.

I'm not sure why AE's garner all the hate around here. Too easy to find, I guess.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to hear a positive experience with AE.

Regarding you being a life long customer, be warned that though AE firsts are easy to come by, you will have to
fight[1].gif
with vox for AE seconds.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't worn AE in years but I recently ordered a pair of the new Player suede shoes. I'm hoping they will fit and wear better than those I've had in previous years.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to hear. I'm another customer for life due to a great product and even better customer service.

BTW - those are great looking shoes.

Chris

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
I'm not sure why AE's garner all the hate around here. Too easy to find, I guess.

A lot of the designs are really, REALLY ugly. That said, a lot of the classic dress shoes are the best price:value ratio you're going to find available in shoes, with which many posters will agree.

I wear a 13 B or C in dress shoes, which is incredibly difficult to find, especially in the B; I love that Allen Edmonds carries those sizes across every shoe they produce.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is something I really like about AE. They always make things right. Wonder if Jay Gatsby sent in his shoes
peepwall[1].gif

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by usctrojans31
I wear a 13 B or C in dress shoes, which is incredibly difficult to find, especially in the B; I love that Allen Edmonds carries those sizes across every shoe they produce.

I also have a long narrow foot (15B) and I find that this seeks to obviate some of the "clunky/chunky" issues which seems to be a major sticking point for a lot of guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads