Allen edmonds factory seconds...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by I4CUTigers, Apr 29, 2013.

1. I4CUTigers

I4CUTigers Member

I just bought my second pair of AE's Sunday, the saddle brown Vernon's. Problem is that when I got home, I noticed a very small crack in the leather. The crack does not bother me visually, but concerns me that it will get much bigger (since it is located near the crease) or worse. Since I picked up the shoes on sale for 178 (normally 259 for seconds), I'm not sure what to do (the first qualities weren't on sale or I would but them). [​IMG]

2. ylkim30

ylkim30 Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell from the photo, but if the leather is cracked, I would return them. It is just going to get worse and there is no way to repair actual fissures in the leather.

3. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

From that picture, I can't tell if it's a crack or not, but if it is a leather crack, I'd try to exchange them. I wouldn't risk it.

4. I4CUTigers

I4CUTigers Member

It's definitely a small crack. Such a shame, because the shoes are amazing otherwise. Guess I'll being turning these in.

5. demondeac

demondeac Active Member

Are these still on sale for $179? Was black on sale as well? Would you mind providing the email or number that you ordered from?

6. I4CUTigers

I4CUTigers Member

Black are on sale thru today. I live near the outlet in Charleston, so all they have us seconds. You can call one of their outlets near you and they will ship it. If you call the Charleston store, they have 3 people on staff that are great.