• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Dress Shoes - Cornwallis, Strawfut, & Rutledge - Size 8 - Walnut & Linen/Brown Leather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspire

Reaction score
Good evening Gents,

As many of you have experienced, discovering your true size in any Allen Edmonds shoe is a bit of a journey and these three shoes are earlier purchases of mine when I was still learning how each last fit my foot. If you're not familiar with Allen Edmond's lasts or sizing, please read the descriptions on their site http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes-101/lasts.html

The Linen Strawfut and Rutledge are discontinued styles, and a bit of a rare find these days.

The Linen Strawfut (8 EEE) is a factory first for sale for $100 + shipping
The Cornwallis (8 E) is a factory second for sale for $120 + shipping
The Rutledge (8 E) are factory seconds for sale for $120 + shipping

The linen and brown leather Strawfut (8 EEE) is built on the 65 last and has only been worn 4 times, since I soon purchased an identical pair in the slightly smaller 8 E size but could not return the 8 EEE (extra wide). This version is lined, meaning there is a layer of leather inside the shoe between the linen and your foot. This shoe is a factory first, but it did come with slight variations in the linen weave on the right shoe. The variations are not noticeable when wearing them but can be seen if you pick up the shoe and look for them.

The burnished walnut leather Rutledge (8 E) is built on the 333 last and is one of my favorites, but sadly is too loose for my liking. This is one of Allen Edmond's finer shoes from their Independence Collection and is softer and more comfortable than any leather shoe I've worn. The only reason I could see for this shoe being labeled as a factory second are the creases by the cap toe on the left shoe when purchased (shown up close in the photos).

The walnut leather Cornwallis (8 E) is built on the 1943 last and is a little too tight on my toes. The only reason I could see for it being labeled as a factory second are the creases that were present upon purchase across the medallion on the left shoe, which are pictured.

Shoot me a message if interested. Payment by Paypal only.

Kind regards,

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 60
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    822.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3713.JPG
    IMG_3713.JPG
    822.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_8806.JPG
    IMG_8806.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 87 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads