• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds "Cheaper" Shoes - What is the quality and comfort level?

fritz1970

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am thinking of buying a pair of Allen Edmonds "cheaper" shoes. i.e. the pair with the name "Upper West Side" for $175.

Has anyone bought any of the lower-priced Allen Edmonds' shoes? I am looking for feedback on the quality and comfort level.

Thanks for your consideration.

Endeavor

Reaction score
They're cemented shoes made with inferior leather and have far more quality control issues than the mainline shoes. Do yourself a favor and stay away from any AE by Allen Edmonds models, especially at full price.

Subutai

Reaction score

Hey everyone,

I am thinking of buying a pair of Allen Edmonds "cheaper" shoes. i.e. the pair with the name "Upper West Side" for $175.

Has anyone bought any of the lower-priced Allen Edmonds' shoes? I am looking for feedback on the quality and comfort level.

Thanks for your consideration.

If you're trying to save money consider buying seconds of their regular line; I think you'd be happier with the purchase in the long run.

Dnslater

Reaction score
Research the Allen Edmonds Seconds from either the Shoe Bank or Nordstrom Rack. Can easily find good AE shoes for around $200.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.