• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Belt - Am I Being Too Picky?

OCStyle

Reaction score
I just received this belt in the mail from Allen Edmonds. It's the Broadway Avenue Dress Casual Belt. Am I crazy for thinking this is unacceptable when paying $100 for a belt? Parts of the belt are smooth how I would expect then others have these wrinkles as seen in the pic and almost feel like a little bit of a bubble that will push down flat. If I bend the belt a little it kind of smooths out. Not an expert on belts but seems like the top layer was not pulled tight when being bonded to the bottom layer. Not sure if I'm just being too picky and is normal of this kind of leather or if I'm correct in thinking it's unacceptable. TIA!

Attachments

• belt.jpg
    belt.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 119

OCStyle

Reaction score
Sorry, maybe this should have gone in the menswear advice forum. Not sure if I can move it or just have to delete it and start over.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like the belt was bent backward, causing the top part of the leather to separate from the grain underneath.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like the belt was bent backward, causing the top part of the leather to separate from the grain underneath.

I think partially right. The wrinkles are from the belt being bent backwards, but its not the grain separating. Its just a really crappy cut of leather from down towards the belly and shoulder so the fibres within the leather are really open grained and loose. From a good bit of leather you get small wrinkles that are close together, from rubbish leather you get big wrinkles that are far apart, like waves.

Its very poor leather for a $100 belt, but very common that thats the case. You should ask to exchange to if your not happy

Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads