• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Bel Air Sizing/fit

eztantz

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of Allen Edmond Bel Air they are significantly bigger compared to the Manhattan which fit me perfectly. Does anyone have any experience with this pair there so much extra room as it is an elongated shoe and quite roomy even in width. Will sizing down work or is it to big a difference and will I end up hurting my feet? (Chances of me getting them are quite slim as I found these real cheap in Nordstrom Rack and I doubt they will also have them in a 12 but its worth a shot.)
Thanx

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I will be closely monitoring this thread.

- B

eztantz

Reaction score
Does nobody have these?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a thicker sock?
If that doesn't work you've gotten a size or half size too big for you.
I find the fit true to size yet a tad narrow (but liveable) in the toebox with this model and last.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hmmm, intersting. I have a pair of soho's which are almost the same as your Manhattan's (oxford versus wholecut) and they're a little too snug on me while the same size in Bel-Air's which I just got are a little looser and in my case that much more comfortable.

They're all on the 00 last so other then just the difference between being a blutcher versus balmoral/wholecut there shouldn't be too much of a fit change.

So if I'm not mistaken, there really shouldn't be a significant difference, especially if you just tie the bel air's up a bit tighter.

BTW, AE's 2 shoe banks is selling Bel Air's for about $159 (?) last I checked.

Hope that helps, if you have any Q's just say the word. I literally have 2 shoes in my wardrobe and those are them (Soho and Bel Air)

eztantz

Reaction score
Well they do fit width wise (not as snug as my Manhattans) but my concern is really that there seems to be quite a nice bit of room above my foot between the top of my foot and the roof of the shoe. It looks as if there is a bunch of extra leather creating a very large crease. It also seems to be creating a crease up towards the tongue.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
pictures might help. Is it really that much of a difference? I'm surprised. BTW after looking at your Manhatten's I'm now seriously considering trying to find a pair! Just found this - http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...03&postcount=3 Edit - oops, meant to say I AM considering buying a pair...

eztantz

Reaction score
here are the pics the issue is really with my right shoe - btw when i put my shoe trees inside the dont even touch he top of the shoe im wondering if the shoes are perhaps a mismarked or defective pair...
DSCN0797.jpg
DSCN0796.jpg
DSCN0798.jpg
my Manhattans same size on the same last = perfect
DSCN0800.jpg
DSCN0801.jpg

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're too big for you 100%

eztantz

Reaction score
This is a 13D what should I be on the lookout for a 12D or 13B?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what size you take in a running shoe?

eztantz

Reaction score
13 as a matter of fact I've never wore anything other than a 13D in the past 15 yrs and have never had any issue with sizing until I bought this pair.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eztantz
13 as a matter of fact I've never wore anything other than a 13D in the past 15 yrs and have never had any issue with sizing until I bought this pair.
I don't know what else to recommend at this point but get to a store that sells AE, specifically the Bel Air, and get sized at the store, then seek out a pair in that size.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
huh, looks like quite a difference there, even tightly laced there's a lot of room/extra leather in that toe box (especially on the right). Can you got to a store and check against a pair there just to see if it's a one-off defect?

eztantz

Reaction score
I'm gonna try to get to a store but the nearest one is in NYC which is kind of a trip as I am out on Long Island. Wondering if the Nordstroms nearby may have...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads