• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Balmoral Boot in the works

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sure, I am biased here....and I do like the triple stitches for some reason....but I think they look odd with the eyestay starting so far forward, and the low shaft makes 'em sort of strange to my eye.

2rnv3nb.jpg

72t5pk.jpg

Why are they discounted already? Good deal?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
it is essentially an opinion. i dont need to see photos, i have seen the 5 last on various models in person and have owned a few 5 last shoes, i know what the last looks like. you cant just compare 2d photos , you have to take a look at these things in person to really see the differences in the lasts. all those with experience with shoes know what im talking about. and then you will know why it is an overwhelming /reigning opinion.

Agree with Sho.

It's hard to explain the difference but it is fairly obvious in person. The AEs are "cone-shaped" for lack of a better word, while the Belgraves look like they are carved to follow the contours of your feet.

That said I think these boots are great. Another AE to put on the Clearance Watch
devil.gif

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Agree with Sho.
That said I think these boots are great. Another AE to put on the Clearance Watch
devil.gif

+1

The boots look great for what they are. Those Rider boots look pretty awesome too, are they RTW?

slappy

Reaction score
How long are the belgraves generally, just a qualitative description is what I want. It seems that C&J doesn't sell wide shoes that readilly, so if I wanted to get some Belgraves I would need to size up on them for the width. Im worried Ill be wearing boats by the end of it. Im just slightly wide, an E in AE.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would say Belgraves are going to be about 1/2" longer than an old-fashioned round-toe shoe in the same size.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Agree with Sho.

It's hard to explain the difference but it is fairly obvious in person. The AEs are "cone-shaped" for lack of a better word, while the Belgraves look like they are carved to follow the contours of your feet.

devil.gif

The exact last shape differences aside, do you really think the cliftons are blobby? I've seen a pair in person and I thought they looked nice.

Grenadier

Reaction score
I'd quite like a pair of the AE Blucher Boots in dark brown. It's probably odd, but I find boots more comfortable than shoes.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
I got confirmation today that AE will not be producing the Fifth Street. Very disappointed. This is the message I got from one of their reps:

Dear Mr. Gander:

The Fifth Street Boot was dropped from the line. They will not be producing that model. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

[name withheld]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads