• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy41

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been a silent observer of this fine forum for over 9 months but haven't made any literary contributions yet. Additionally, I wish to introduce you to my humble collection of AE's (thanks to this forum of coarse).

Stands – Walnut & Black
Dalton – Walnut
Mctavish – Brown & Grey
Amok - Tan

Mojave - Olive

My non-AE collection boasts some TBNY and Magnanni.

I recently bought 2 pairs from the 2 for 250 sale – Player’s (Walnut) & RL Singleton (brown). Unfortunately, I bought both in a size too small (9), and I am offering to sell it to anyone for my purchase price and shipping. I would like to add that I inspected both pairs and did not see any noticeable flaws that would characterize them as seconds. I would like to give this forum the opportunity to get a crack at them before I return them.

Feel free to PM is you have any questions and I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Last edited:

evilWagon

Reaction score
Burgundy shell leeds for the first time today. I'm liking this shell stuff.

Just spent a few minutes brushing them before I head out for the day and now they seem kind of dull.

cincikid

Reaction score
An existential question Walnut Strands (currently, 25% off at BB) or Tan Elgins ($125)?
Really can't figure out which one is going to be more versatile but leaning towards the Strand.

chief113

Reaction score
You guys have probably heard stuff like this a million times, but I just got my first pair of dress shoes. Player's in Walnut. I'm just wearing them around the house. The right foot pinky toe seems a little tight, especially when I am standing and put my weight on my right foot. Will this go away, or should I return them? Can a shoe cobbler really stretch them out? For the record, they are factory seconds.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of their used AE suede shoes?

I'm trying to get a feel for how the creases make the suede look after a bunch of wear.

Thanks in advance!
Tan Suede Strandmoks and Brogue Suede Strands. Suede usually doesn't crease much, but the white Gumite soles on the Strandmoks wear down much quicker than the Danite soles on the Strands.....

cincikid

Reaction score
You guys have probably heard stuff like this a million times, but I just got my first pair of dress shoes. Player's in Walnut. I'm just wearing them around the house. The right foot pinky toe seems a little tight, especially when I am standing and put my weight on my right foot. Will this go away, or should I return them? Can a shoe cobbler really stretch them out? For the record, they are factory seconds.
Even if they will get stretched, you will likely end up having some bulging around the pinky area. I suggest go up in width.

chief113

Reaction score

Quote:Even if they will get stretched, you will likely end up having some bulging around the pinky area. I suggest go up in width.
I'm assuming I shouldn't have a mark like this on my toe? I just wore them around the house for an hour, with socks.
nunety5a.jpg
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DJTraveler

Reaction score
I'm assuming I shouldn't have a mark like this on my toe? I just wore them around the house for an hour, with socks.
nunety5a.jpg

I had the same issue with my Players. The narrower toe was problematic for me. Luckily I bought them at Nordstrom so was able to return them after a couple wears.

chief113

Reaction score
Did you end up getting something else? I'm not opposed to getting something different.

DJTraveler

Reaction score
Did you end up getting something else? I'm not opposed to getting something different.

I actually bought a pair of bourbon Daltons instead. A similar style to the Players you might want to consider is the Macneil or Larhmont.

BigRob

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Went away on its own (either my foot broke in the shoe or the shoe broke in my foot).

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Yes they are; I just conditioned them and put a bit of neutral wax on the toe & heel ( I know - shine on the casual shoe..."ugh"; I just wanted a lil' pop on the toe. One coat. I think the conditioner and single coat of wax made for a nice 'shine transition' from toe to vamp)

Loved by many around my office, on the train to and from work, and random passersby... Morning sunlight shows more Brown of the 'Brown Distressed.' Classy casual. Have worn the last two days (which I NEVER do; shoe treed and brushed at night) because they're that comfy. Hello, poron insole!

Just got my Pine Rivers as well. the fit is good, went with the same as the 5 last.

Question for you, does it feel like there is a lump on both heels? When I put them on it feels like I am standing on something round.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Burgundy shell leeds for the first time today. I'm liking this shell stuff.

Just spent a few minutes brushing them before I head out for the day and now they seem kind of dull.

You need to buff them with a cloth after you brush. Brushing alone will not bring up a shine.

YoungSweet

Reaction score

Wow ... that was in the face

I had the same issue with new shoes as my feet are wider at the toes. I wear them around the house to break them in a few nights before wearing them outside the first time. To break in the shoes, I first put them on while watching TV to warm up the leather and the insole before walking around. I would do that for 1-2 hours, about 3 times for calf and 5 times for shell. My shell did not stretch at all and I took them to the cobbler and he was able to stretch them out. They feel much better now.

It's going to be hard to answer your question. If they are calf they will stretch to form around to your foot. In addition, once the footbed settles, between 10-15 wears, they will feel much better. If the shoes fit well all around and you feel like you can tolerate the pain for a few wears, keep them and try to break them in slowly. You can ask a cobbler to see if they can help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads