• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsmith4

Reaction score
I missed this before - nice shoes! How do you find they fit? Some people find they are tight in the vamp, but especially in calfskin, they do stretch over time.
These actually fit me better than any of my Allen Edmonds. They are a little bit tight in the vamp but after a few wears that shouldn't be much of an issue. I really like the versatility of these shoes also. I wore them yesterday with a suit but I think they are casual enough that come warmer weather, I will be able to wear them with shorts and lightweight pants as well. These were an absolute steal for $99 on Black Friday.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just heard from the manager - the Wolverine boots pictured are $159 at the Jeffersonville AE outlet.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
devil.gif

Crystal said to say Hi bucksfan! They now have one less pair in stock, thank you once again...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just heard from the manager - the Wolverine boots pictured are $159 at the Jeffersonville AE outlet.  
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
:devil:

Boy, these Wolverine's are really tempting, as well... I've been thinking I should wait for the Dundees to arrive first.. maybe not. :D

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price on those Krause boots is almost to good to be true.
nod[1].gif
Do any of you have first hand experience on how the quality of the Krause may compare to another boot made by AE like the Long Branch for example? I have some Long Branches in brown headed my way (which I got for a steal as well). I may just keep them as long as they are on par quality wise. However, if the Krause is substantially better I may be tempted to change course. My primary negative with the Long Branch is that it has a foam insole rather than AE's natural leather one. Any idea what the Krause has?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The price on those Krause boots is almost to good to be true.
nod%5B1%5D.gif
  Do any of you have first hand experience on how the quality of the Krause may compare to another boot made by AE like the Long Branch for example?  I have some Long Branches in brown headed my way (which I got for a steal as well).  I may just keep them as long as they are on par quality wise.  However, if the Krause is substantially better I may be tempted to change course.  My primary negative with the Long Branch is that it has a foam insole rather than AE's natural leather one.  Any idea what the Krause has?

I think these are part of the 1000 Mile boot line, which is their top line, and I would say on par with the Long Branch. (Actually, I think the leather on the Krause is probably better, though it's different).

Cold Iron can probably give us a definitive answer.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think these are part of the 1000 Mile boot line, which is their top line, and I would say on par with the Long Branch. (Actually, I think the leather on the Krause is probably better, though it's different).

Yeah, and I have a pair of AE's made in Dublin Leather, so I have experience with the leather these Krause's are made of. I am not sure what leather the Long Branches are. The Long Branch Vibram sole may be more what I am looking for application wise, but I'm not dead set in it.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I asked wingtip about sizing on the krause and they said to size like the original 1000 mile.

$159 is an insane price on these!

And they say 1/2 down. Seems to be the consensus.

And yes, $159 is ridiculous for these! I wonder what kind of defects they have to make them seconds at this price?

Last edited:

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And they say 1/2 down. Seems to be the consensus.
And yes, $159 is ridiculous for these! I wonder what kind of defects they have to make them seconds at this price?

I do know that they seem to be a bit more liberal with the prices on shoes manufactered for other companies. The Brooks Brothers shoes, for example, seem to sit at $199.00 at the outlet nearest to me.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming you can't order over the phone, you have to be in Jeffersonville. :(

Yes you can over the phone. In fact I forgot they were in a different time zone and waited till 10 AM my time.
Hey CI, do you go 1/2 down on your Wolverines?
That was my biggest concern. I did not but went TTS. I talked to Crystal for awhile about it and she seemed to feel that they LOOKED like a TTS boot but she couldn't say for certain. I am a 10D in all my AE shoes except for the 3 in the rough collection which are 9.5D so that worried me a bit. I went TTS on the 744 LTD which is what wingtip said to do and they are perfect so they could be correct on sizing down a half size. I would prefer them to be a bit larger than smaller however so I can wear thicker socks in the winter. My Bayfields are a bit too snug to do that, I should have gone up a size in width on the Bayfield's like bucksfan did.

Not sure as I haven't seen them yet but willing to bet they are on par with the Long Branch and even probably better also. Seer actually had a pair recently and I almost sent him a PM asking him along with sizing. But his initial impression was that the leather was great with oxblood highlights and it would take a shine well. I'm very pleased with all 3 of my AE dublin leather shoes and pretty sure I will be with these boots too.
Yeah, and I have a pair of AE's made in Dublin Leather, so I have experience with the leather these Krause's are made of. I am not sure what leather the Long Branches are. The Long Branch Vibram sole may be more what I am looking for application wise, but I'm not dead set in it.
I also would prefer the full vibram lug sole also and will put the vibram raptor half sole on them. Until they are wore down and then likely replace with full lug soles. I plan on doing that with my 744 LTD but they are so comfortable I hate to send them off to have it done. In fact I have them on right now.

I asked wingtip about sizing on the krause and they said to size like the original 1000 mile.

$159 is an insane price on these!
Yes it is. I did not post about these on the 1K thread, selfish of me but in case the 10D are too large I wanted to slant things in my favor that they would still have a 9.5D available on Wednesday when I will know for sure. I'm tempted to order the brown\tan too.

I don't have time right now to reply to your post on the other thread headed out the door and will send you a PM later when I get home later. But to answer your other question quickly: these are the best bang for the buck for what you want IME- Perfket Hunters They are in the picture I posted there next to my Russell's.

I used to live near you although I was on the other side of the Sound... So the Olympics rule and the Cascades drool...
laugh.gif
j/k

johnnyletrois

Reaction score
11D AE wolverine 1000 (Krause) kopped from Jeffersonville for $159 5 minutes ago. Shipping to Seattle Monday and I hope they fit!

Edited to say thanks for the heads up guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads