• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snedley

Reaction score
Here is a good example of bowing / flexing when my heel made contact with the ground - These were a good fit in length and width, but the bowing / flexing combined with squeaking made me return them
DSC04331.jpg
It's a defective design. It laces too high in the vamp. Get a 3 hole model and it won't bow like that provided you're wearing the right size and width which I doubt that 5% of the people on here are judging from the comments. There's no reason to wear laces on shoes anyway and slipons always fit better and are more comfortable walking in. Laced shoes are just dust collectors and you have to waste time removing the laces every time you shine you shoes (which should take 3 min)or the laces come undone or break. Laced shoes remind me of something Ebenezer Scrooge would wear because he was a miser and too cheap to have a refined pair of slipons made by Lobb for him.
lol8[1].gif

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a defective design. It laces  too high in the vamp. Get a 3 hole model and  it won't  bow  like that provided you're wearing the right size and width which I doubt that 5% of the people on here are judging from the comments. There's no reason to wear laces on shoes anyway and slipons always fit better and are more comfortable walking in.  Laced shoes are just dust collectors and you have to waste time removing the laces every time you shine you shoes (which should take 3 min)or the laces come undone or break. Laced shoes remind me of something Ebenezer Scrooge would wear because he was a miser and too cheap to have a refined pair of slipons made by Lobb for him.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

Kashiwa

Reaction score
^^ Not sure how I'd wear it, but the selvedge captoe is brilliant!

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty unusual shoe. I'm not sure what I would do with it either.

Last edited:

itsmejson

Reaction score
if anyone has access to aafes military exchange site they currently
have a 15% off coupon good until tomorrow and works on AE :)
- no tax & free shipping

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left toe cap on new Daltons is creased, effectively stabbing my toes a bit when I step. Any thoughts on keeping the cap crease from sinking when I step?

I had the same issue with my Park Avenues and the problem went away once they were broken in. I also found that regular application of the conditioner/cleaner helped in the short term.

tsekh

Reaction score

I like it on paper. Not sure if I'd ever wear it. Plus, selvedge denim is going to look pretty ratty after it wears a bit.
If these were $99, maybe a fun shoe to have. Not at the full AE dress shoe price.

Agree. Looks nice a fun pair of shoe to wear with chino occasionally, but definitely not a pair to wear everyday (or everyday or two). Though denim looks nice after some beat up, like leather, don't think that beat up denim look would look good on shoes. And $295 is too expensive for such pair of shoes.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wear tennis shoes and carry your nice shoes.  FWIW, my AE's are very comfortable for around the office and minor walking, but become very uncomfortable once I hit 1 mile of walking in the same day.  True for all four AE's I currently own (1 last, 5 last and 8 last).

To each his own. I walk almost half a mile to and from the closest train station every day and probably put on another mile or two through the day, but don't experience any discomfort with my dress shoes.

Maybe when it hits outlet prices. I have a pair of Sperry boat shoes made from a denim material that I love.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To each his own. I walk almost half a mile to and from the closest train station every day and probably put on another mile or two through the day, but don't experience any discomfort with my dress shoes.

I agree with this. It might be because I have high arches, but I find the smooth, stable platform of a leather sole to be very comfortable. Rubber soles feel good at first, but degrade over time.

Maybe when it hits outlet prices. I have a pair of Sperry boat shoes made from a denim material that I love.

Good candidate for 2 for $200!

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
Quick question: Can this Leather Lotion (No Color) be used on all of these shoes? Basically I have whats pictured and 1 brush.

Is the Elgin really this light in color, or is that just an artifact of the flash? They're on sale right now for $219, which is pretty attractive.

lobox42

Reaction score
I"m looking fro Allen Edmonds suede Players sand color or white in size 9 a good price, plese new, thank you! :)

Shiny

Reaction score

Me, too. However, I rack up $25 or so heel replacement charges several times a year. :uhoh: A little less frequently but I also replace the soles more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads