• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the delivery of the Rutledge, really like it very comfortable and the toe box is very sleek certainly a keeper.
The inside lining on the independence collection is quite nice too and adds to the comfort of the shoe.
Only thing is as I bend my toes the crease on the left foot want to come on the cap toe, any way to stop that and move it back

You can try the pen trick. Place a pen or similar object over the vamp where you want the crease. Then bend the shoe.

RingTail

Reaction score
You can try the pen trick. Place a pen or similar object over the vamp where you want the crease. Then bend the shoe.

Thanks. Tried that no luck, will let it be as it dosen't go past the punch cap.

reidrothchild

Reaction score

Also got the parkland, still thinking about keeping it, not that sure about how it looks, also in my usual 9.5D I get heel slippage, if I make up my mind on styling might  have to size down to 9D. Not as comfortable as the Rutledge.

Both the Rutledge and the Parkland are looking great to me. I'd keep both if it were up to me.

RingTail

Reaction score
Both the Rutledge and the Parkland are looking great to me. I'd keep both if it were up to me.

Overall the shoe looks decent, I'm just not liking the toe, it's thicker than Jefferson or Rutledge. Especially for a casual loafer I'd like something sleeker.
Rutledge gave me an alternative to C&J Westbourne, I was hoping the ParkLand would give me an alternate to C&J Sydney. Unless AE comes up with a loafer in the 3 last, I'll have to get on the wait list for C&J Merton.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Overall the shoe looks decent, I'm just not liking the toe, it's thicker than Jefferson or Rutledge. Especially for a casual loafer I'd like something sleeker.
Rutledge gave me an alternative to C&J Westbourne, I was hoping the ParkLand would give me an alternate to C&J Sydney. Unless AE comes up with a loafer in the 3 last, I'll have to get on the wait list for C&J Merton.

AE is not going to compete with C&J on sleekness. The Patkland is a nice looking shoe for an AE loafer. We don't fool ourselves on this thread, we know It's an acquired taste on StyleForvm.

Personally, they both look great. I was hoping to see the burnishing on the Rutledge, bit I see you went with the black instead. Do you make a habit of breaking in shoes with leather conditioner cream? It is a god sent for minimizing creases and making them form were you want them to. I have not seem AE's crease at the cap toe, especially that fast, but it might be a product of the supple leather.

Lastly,in the Parkland, does the toe box fell snug, so if you were to size down for the heel, then the toe box would be too tight?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As I mentioned a few posts back, here are the pics of the Walnut Fifth Aves:

Personally, I like my walnut shoes with some brouging flair. But these are beautiful shoes. It should work for you, since It's a compromise on the possible dandy potential here :D

Pastor

Reaction score
I got my Cap Cordovan Dundees the other day but was devastated that they were the wrong size. I called CS and they said that I could not get them remade. I made a few more calls and I now think that they may indeed make me a new pair. I have several shoes on the 1 last in size 9.5E and they all fit really well. As soon as I opened the box on these I could tell that they were not right. They are labeled a 9.5E but are probably more like a 10.5. Here is a pic of the shoes themselves and then another pic of one of the Dundees beside a Bradley that is suppose to be the same last and the same size.

photo1www.jpg

photo5bxo.jpg

RingTail

Reaction score
AE is not going to compete with C&J on sleekness. The Patkland is a nice looking shoe for an AE loafer. We don't fool ourselves on this thread, we know It's an acquired taste on StyleForvm.
Personally, they both look great. I was hoping to see the burnishing on the Rutledge, bit I see you went with the black instead. Do you make a habit of breaking in shoes with leather conditioner cream? It is a god sent for minimizing creases and making them form were you want them to. I have not seem AE's crease at the cap toe, especially that fast, but it might be a product of the supple leather.
Lastly,in the Parkland, does the toe box fell snug, so if you were to size down for the heel, then the toe box would be too tight?

I got the Rutledge in place of the Park Avenue so it's my black shoe, need to break in with conditioner cream. Toe box in parkland was not snug, so I think I can size down for the heel. It felt as though the slippage was due to not being able to tighten the vamp since there are no laces.

bucksfan

Reaction score
I got my Cap Cordovan Dundees the other day but was devastated that they were the wrong size. I called CS and they said that I could not get them remade. I made a few more calls and I now think that they may indeed make me a new pair. I have several shoes on the 1 last in size 9.5E and they all fit really well. As soon as I opened the box on these I could tell that they were not right. They are labeled a 9.5E but are probably more like a 10.5. Here is a pic of the shoes themselves and then another pic of one of the Dundees beside a Bradley that is suppose to be the same last and the same size.
photo1www.jpg

photo5bxo.jpg

Seriously different sizes there... wonder if someone stamped the wrong size on the shoe. The 1 boot last is a little longer than the 1 shoe last, based on my experience, but those seem a size different. Did you try them on?

Man, those are cappuccino shells are real beauties.
drool.gif

Pastor

Reaction score

Seriously different sizes there... wonder if someone stamped the wrong size on the shoe.  The 1 boot last is a little longer than the 1 shoe last, based on my experience, but those seem a size different.  Did you try them on? 

Man, those are cappuccino shells are real beauties.  :drool:

Yeah I put my foot in them just for kicks. Even with them tied I could literally walk out of them. The picture doesn't even do it justice. I could put the Bradley inside the Dundee with out much trouble at all. I really do hope that AE can come up with enough cap shell to make me another pair.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got the delivery of the Rutledge, really like it very comfortable and the toe box is very sleek certainly a keeper. The inside lining on the independence collection is quite nice too and adds to the comfort of the shoe. Only thing is as I bend my toes the crease on the left foot want to come on the cap toe, any way to stop that and move it back
you ask me, that is an awful looking shoe. the cap just looks all wrong

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got the Rutledge in place of the Park Avenue so it's my black shoe, need to break in with conditioner cream. Toe box in parkland was not snug, so I think I can size down for the heel. It felt as though the slippage was due to not being able to tighten the vamp since there are no laces.

You know what, that is a good idea, i too am looking for a sleeker black dress shoe, this might work.

I feel your pain with loafers, i have a hard time finding AE loafers that fit me right. At this stage in the game, i do not feel like there is room to compromisex when a proper fit is concerned.

CJG_NYC

Reaction score

Its weird -- I liked the 3 last on the larchmont and the flatiron last time I was in the store, but something about the Rutledge didnt blow me away. That said, I looked at the Walnut Burnished, and while the burnishing is interesting, I wasnt as smitten as I thought I was going to be. Maybe it was because the Rutledge is a captoe while the others arent...kinda makes me wonder how I'll like the Neumora then.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you elaborate?

My only visual complaint would on the ripple edging on cap toe and upper, as it contradicts a bit from the formal look of this shoe in black. Maybe it would be more aesthetically pleasing in brown? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads