Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texx

Texx Member

I ran into a 10 B Player at the rack today, not impossible! Anybody know if they ever have AE at DSW?

2. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

What color? I got the black rush in the 2 for $200 sale, but couldn't figure out how or when to wear them. I would have preferred the walnut.

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

The Independence line uses higher quality leather and soles, and is about $140 more expensive than the equivalent mainline dress shoes. You got a real score!

4. JohnnyGalt

JohnnyGalt Well-Known Member

I'm trying to pick up 2-3 more shoes to round out a weekly shoe rotation. I have to wear suits or SC and trousers 4 days a week for work (casual friday = chinos and no jacket). So far I have black park aves and bourbon kenilworths. I know I want to add the burgundy shell macneils, and then possibly the brown shell strands. I think I'd be good with 4 shoes, but also considered something like the maxfield or randolph in chili or burgundy to wear on fridays. Do you guys think I would have all my bases covered with the aforementioned assortment? Any suggestions on improving it?

5. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Go brown shell strands

6. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Burgundy shell Macneils + brown shell Strands and you'll have a fantastic lineup. You might consider a boot of some kind (perhaps Dalton or Long Branch) eventually for relatively inclement weather; I find myself wearing either burgundy shell Daltons or some bespoke rubber-soled blucher perf captoe boots at least twice a week from September to April.

7. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

Hey, they are the walnut color. I wore them with khakis yesterday just to try out, they are sweet shoes. I'm in a cold city (chicago) and probably won't wear them much until later in the spring and through the summer.

Also in response to hohneokc, great to hear they are being "recontinued," at least allegedly.

I have a Rack nearby the office and ever since scored on an awesome pair of Santonis a few months back I've been in maybe once a week or every other. I'm a large size and so much slower inventory I'm sure, and I see the same crap shoes each time I go. Most recently there were a few new ones that stood out, including the Rush shoe that I picked up. Score!!!

8. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Did someone say Allen Edmonds Strand in Walnut? I'm super excited to finally be officially part of this thread!

[​IMG]

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Yeah I got that too, been thinking about it over the night. My concern with that sole is that it is too thick and will make the Leeds much more casual. One of the things I appreciate about the Leeds is that they are versatile and I'm afraid that sole would restrict it to informal use only. The thinner natural welt soles like the ones that are on my walnut shell Dundee's are what I was looking for. What are your (or anyone else's) thoughts on it?

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

This is 100% correct.

11. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

You got Independence collection shoes for $100.00!? I have a bad habit of missing awsome sales. [​IMG]

12. MoneyWellSpent

Hope you enjoy! Great picture, you should try to sell it to AE's marketing team... they could use some help sometimes.[​IMG]

13. MoneyWellSpent

Every shoe that I have seen at DSW has always been made somewhere in Asia...

14. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Yes, but keep in mind that they were seconds, and walnut was not available, so I ended up with black. I sold them because a black casual shoe is not that versatile, and I never wore them.

15. MoneyWellSpent

True... It sounds like I would have done the same thing. Were you at least able to flip them for a profit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.