Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Sorry, the boots aren't AE so I wanted to respect the fidelity if the thread. :)

The boots are pretty versatile and work well with my grey and blues well. Because of the colourway, I think they also look fine on medium (but not too light) suits.

2. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Thanks, good to know!

3. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

All this talk on here of the "Strandmok" these last few days caused me to "jones" a little for my blue Nuemoks. So, I decided to rock them to the office today.
    [​IMG]

4. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

[​IMG]

Snuff suede Neumoks today.

5. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I am considering getting these, but am slightly turned off by their super-casual nature. I would want to wear them with sportcoats, and possibly a suit. Based on this picture, I think it would work.
    I see you don't have the stock green laces. Did the shoes come with dark brown lcaes as well, or did you purchase those separately?

6. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

How much were they going for?

7. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Overall, I like this shoe, though it would be nice if they were a touch more formal. I think the most formal outfit I'd wear these with is chinos and a sport coat or maybe a casual suit if I owned one. To me, they're on the casual side due to the fact that the welt is (1) storm and (2) light in color, and also because the laces are rather thick -- you could of course purchase dressier laces, though the eyelets are bigger than usual to accommodate the thicker laces, so that might look weird. If they had traditional laces and a flat, dark brown 360 degree (270 degree would dress them up even more) welt, they would probably be appropriate with some suits (a la the C&J Westfield, for instance).

The shoes come with the brown laces pictured and the green laces you mentioned. I happen to prefer the brown laces, but they do look good with the green laces.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

8. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior member

WANT! Unfortunately the rack never has any narrow widths. . .at least the one by me. Usually all D widths with the occasional wide. . .

9. MoneyWellSpent

They had quite a few at my local Rack yesterday, and I think they were $219.00, or it may have been $227.00. Decent deal either way, and they did look quite nice.

10. khe86

khe86 Senior member

$219 or $239. They were all indeed in D width.

11. MoneyWellSpent

Looking sharp!

12. Da GOAT

Da GOAT Well-Known Member

Yea I wear slacks mostly, jeans at home.

Thanks to all the responses, I can see its hard to choose and most people said I shud get something else instead :) will keep looking

13. Acenightcreeper

Acenightcreeper Active Member

Greetings, my request not to put my ads within this forum was only to prevent people from saying that I am trying to advertise my sales, thats all, plane and simple. It has nothing to do with "prototypes" yadda yadda yadda. I just do not want to think I am directing people to my ads by posting in a forum. I visit this site and use this site quite frequently, I just do not post. The only reason I posted was because I was shocked to see my Ebay auction in the Allen Edmonds appreciation pages. But I agree, it has given me a bump in sales, so thank you for whoever posted it and I guess that means I can continue to post my sales in this thread?

14. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

[​IMG]

AE Vernon. Second voyage. I ordered 4 sizes from Amazon to see which one worked best and spent a couple of weeks trying them on indoors before deciding on the 8.5D. Unfortunately, due to the long wait before getting to wear them outside, I forgot to clean/condition them prior. It also rained (when it wasn't supposed to) that day and now I have some rather excessive creasing that I don't have on my other AE shoes (Clifton, Strand, Hale) [​IMG]

I have since clean/conditioned and polished them and think they look mighty nice, despite the creases.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Those look nice. 4 pairs made me laugh. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.