• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latour

Reaction score
No. Buy your normal size and width, assuming you even know it.

Latour

Reaction score
It's a FR (factory reject). I didn't even know that AE sold these FR's as "seconds" and assumed they destroyed them or dumped them at some charity for the indigent.

jjr4884

Reaction score
No. Buy your normal size and width, assuming you even know it.

On the 5 last, i'm a 10D.
On the 3 last, i'm a 9.5D.
On the 234 last, i'm a 10.5B.

Please... don't spread your ignorance. Shoes will fit different, and depending on the shape/length/width of your foot, you will have to adjust slightly when dealing with different lasts.

Last edited:

charliebrown2

Reaction score
It's a FR (factory reject). I didn't even know that AE sold these FR's as "seconds" and assumed they destroyed them or dumped them at some charity for the indigent.

were you referring to my neumoks? Was there something else telling about them being FRs besides the coloring?

Reaction score
I can't believe it! I came across some Walnut Daltons in my size tonight at Nordstrom Rack for $170! There was no way I was going to pass on that deal, especially since the Daltons are now my first pair of AE boots/shoes. There were some size 8.5 E Merlot Park Avenues there as well for $100 (as a used/return item), but they were too big for me so I didn't buy them. My hopes were really high when I saw those PAs after I picked up the Daltons.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys. I bought a pair of the grey Parkways last month and have kind of been debating whether to keep them or not. I knew they would get limited wear but I'm not sure how limited. If I'm just never going to wear them, I might as well return them. But if I can get a few wears out of them once in a while, they would probably be worth keeping. I tried them with some relatively bold golden brown colored pants and thought the combo looked decent. What do you guys think?

DEB2CABE-71AD-4FE7-B148-E2C9392BF104-4454-000005B2AD93BA74.jpg

9328D6A7-2E2B-4450-BC23-FBCE1F4561F7-4454-000005B2B285FAF6.jpg

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a question for you guys. I bought a pair of the grey Parkways last month and have kind of been debating whether to keep them or not. I knew they would get limited wear but I'm not sure how limited. If I'm just never going to wear them, I might as well return them. But if I can get a few wears out of them once in a while, they would probably be worth keeping. I tried them with some relatively bold golden brown colored pants and thought the combo looked decent. What do you guys think?

return them :nodding:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the combo works depending on the context of the situation (business casual etc). Tell us more about the pants.

jjr4884

Reaction score
I can't believe it! I came across some Walnut Daltons in my size tonight at Nordstrom Rack for $170! There was no way I was going to pass on that deal, especially since the Daltons are now my first pair of AE boots/shoes. There were some size 8.5 E Merlot Park Avenues there as well for $100 (as a used/return item), but they were too big for me so I didn't buy them. My hopes were really high when I saw those PAs after I picked up the Daltons.

Very nice pick up. I will tell ya, Nordstrom's Rack is a great bargain from time to time. I came across a pair if cordovan McAllisters and corodovan McGraws. $200 for $600 shoes, brand new, not recrafted, original JR soles. Needless to say, I bought them regardless of the size....

I would love to find a nice pair of walnut mcallisters or even the dalton, however most of the AE's that are at the Rack near my house is all ugly styles, grandpa soles, and the "ae" line with the rubber soles. Pass. I'll swing by there from time to time, but for the most part, nothing spectacular. In fact, I don't have any AE's from the Rack. I sold the cordovans, but the only shoes i have are a plain toe walnut colored leather chukka from Cole Haan, awesome boot, $80... and the black pair of Magnanni Mateo's on the previous page. $330 shoe, had for $210. The actual Nordstroms has the same shoe but with a rubber sole for $199.. $10 more and I got a much better constructed shoe. Yep.

jjr4884

Reaction score
I think the combo works depending on the context of the situation (business casual etc). Tell us more about the pants.

Agreed. If you have a decent amount of vibrant pants (I'm fairly certain you had to graduate to vomit mustard,) I actually like the way the shoes pair up. Any more colors of the bile rainbow?

charliebrown2

Reaction score
Agreed. If you have a decent amount of vibrant pants (I'm fairly certain you had to graduate to vomit mustard,) I actually like the way the shoes pair up. Any more colors of the bile rainbow?

lol...from "golden brown" to "vomit mustard"

Varmant

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Charcoal pants or a Charcoal suit will work. Apply with your finger, a tiny amount of Meltonian Marine Blue creme on the toe area to give them a patina. You could also easily wear these with dark grey or black denim. Keep them to add some spice to your shoe wardrobe. You may also want to play with some colored laces, for example, red, lime green, yellow or even orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads