Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostron

lostron Senior member

Awesome Daltons! One of these days, I will get one also :)

2. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Congratulations! I think you will love them. I have had mine for about seven months now and they are one of my favorites. Interesting that yours are almost the same color as mine as opposed to other walnut shell Daltons I've seen that are more the color of the walnut calf Daltons. Maybe that's the walnut shell color that AE is using now.

Was that an MTO? Anyway, enjoy!

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Awesome. That Horween stamp inside your shoe is also highly sought after - most shoes don't get it. You won the lottery!

4. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

The same could be said for:

- Any Webgem
    - Any of the colorful "rough" Dublin leathers (Neumok, Cronmock, et al.)
    - Any pairing with colorful laces

Admittedly, I tried doing the color-laces thing and reverted back.

AE is really targeting the younger demo's with these lines.

Proper leather tones with proper laces will look better for 99% of people and 99% of outfits IMO.

The fad is lasting too long.

5. krn.nyc

krn.nyc Well-Known Member

Some people mentioned on my earlier post that these shoes were "bowing." I have no idea what this means as I thought I had just bought my incorrect shoe size (it was a little painful to walk due to the narrow width).

Can someone kindly explain this? Will AE be able to help me in this case?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

6. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

The shell Daltons in the pictures posted above by fiestaplatypus were first introduced as a webgem. So were the currently available Dundee's. Webgems can be hit or miss, but they are always worth checking out.

7. Tesla

Tesla Member

Does anyone here is an European 7 or 41 and have an Allen Edmons shoe? which size are you in an AE shoe?

I'm that size and the fitting guide says I'm a 9 (nowhere near the conversion chart), having no chance to be in the store, the only reference I could get is from someone that is my size and has tried some AE shoe.

Thanks!

8. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

The bowing that we are referring to is what I have circled in red.

[​IMG]

You still seem to be getting Alden and Allen Edmonds mixed up. These are Allen Edmonds Park Avenues, so you will have to go to them rather than Alden. Since you have been wearing these shoes for a while, they will probably not simply take them back as a return. However, if they feel that it is a defect, they may be kind enough to switch them out for another pair. Their customer service is great, so they will generally stand behind the product. You will just have to try and see what happens though.

9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

It's context driven, I would say. I wouldn't have a problem wearing traditional business clothes and shoes to work. As it stands, in my office, most people come to work in jeans, a tshirt, and athletic shoes. There are a couple of gentlemen that wear slacks, dress shirt, tie, etc. They are considered odd balls for their formality. I try to to find the middle ground. Hence rough casual shoes like the AE Neumok (as well as suede/CXL Alden make ups) are core holdings in my closet. And I'm not a "younger" demographic. These are the shoes that fit my needs. (I also use colored laces on my "dress" shoes to tone down the formality. When the occasion warrants it, I swap them out for dark conservative laces. Now that's what I call versatility).

10. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

Thanks! I've been waiting for a pair of these since they originally came out. I picked up a pair of the walnut shell strands a while ago as seconds, but had always really wanted the Daltons (I missed out on the original deadline). These firsts happened to have popped up in an outlet store in San Fransisco a couple months back and I've spent the last few weeks trying to acquire them (someone had 'em on hold I was told). Our friend Jay at the Charleston store came through for me after several weeks of back and forth communication.

As far as the color, they look very similar to the Strands I have as well, but I have to imagine it's just that the particular pairs came out similar. From what I hear, the lighter color shells can look very differently from piece to piece, so any two walnut shells can vary by large amounts. In fact, one of the rear quarters on one of the strands is quite a bit darker than the rest of the shoe. Looking forward to seeing these beauties in natural sunlight.

11. krn.nyc

krn.nyc Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info. I guess I will also need to go to the AE store to check my sizing. Apologies about the mixing up. I'd just bought Indy's a while back and I've been having problems with both in sizing.

12. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Sorry for my absence lately, need to take care of a few things.

I heard from Kristle at Allen Edmonds, and the window for ordering the custom shell Leeds is closing at the end of the day tomorrow. If anyone else wants to get in on this, please pm me.

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

E is working on a new line up for Spring.

These are up my alley. Provided they actually go into production.

[​IMG]

14. atoms

atoms Senior member

I rarely like shoes like these. These are an exception.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.