1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delmar

delmar Senior member

I hate it when that happens. I'm a notorious ebay sniper but I have an alibi for this one. I'm a 12E.

2. stgrim

stgrim Senior member

Seems like it just dropped to $16++ in-stores with the anniversary sales, not a bad deal.
    http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF634_1_40000000001_-1

It depends on your SA, some "forget" to charge you tax [​IMG]

3. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

I'm torn between snuff suede players or neumoks. Any advice?

I would like to wear either with jeans, chinos both with & w/out a sportcoat

4. jd13jd13

jd13jd13 Senior member

Does anyone know what the return policy on seconds is?

5. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

I stopped in to an AE store this afternoon for the first time (the Minneapolis city center store) on this snowy, disgusting day. I ended up ordering some snuff suede neumoks after trying on a few sizes in other leathers, and was told it would be a six-to-eight week wait. Has anyone else encountered this long a wait? Is it the sort of thing where they under-promise and over-deliver and I'll get them in a shorter time? It's not a big deal either way, but I'm just curious if anyone has any experience.
    Also, apparently they were having a meet the CEO event at the mpls this afternoon - it's pretty damn cool that the CEO is this accessible.
    Also also, I tried on a pair of the burgundy shell Leeds, and was blown away by how much better they looked in person, and particularly on my feet, than they do on the website.

6. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

I don't have an AE outlet store near me and I've read in this thread that I can email the stores and ask for their list of seconds in my size. Where would I email? I assume there's several stores and if I'm looking for a variety I assume I should email them all. I don't have the most standard size: 7.5 E on the 5 last.

7. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Right now you get an additional 15% off the laces box too, great deal I just took advantage of.

8. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

9. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

:slayer: Can't wait for these to arrive, anyone have an estimate on how long it might take them to get to Seattle?

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

You can email any of the Allen Edmonds outlet stores, they all have access to the same database.

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Same as firsts.

12. sevenfoldtieguy

Brown. :D

3 people like this.
  13. areyoufrench

areyoufrench New Member

Does anyone have the tan suede Strandmoks? I can't find any real life pictures of them.

14. sevenfoldtieguy

Code:

AE's carrier is FedEx but used to be UPS. However, they still use UPS for some returns and for prepaid recraft shipping. One can also request USPS.

15. jd13jd13

jd13jd13 Senior member

Free shipping on returns? And would a regular store take seconds returns? Nearest outlet is 70 miles away :(

16. sevenfoldtieguy

I was referring to the return policy itself. As for return shipping being free, the official policy on seconds is no, but I have been told by an AE store mgr that it will be free if you request it by getting a prepaid return label.

17. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I have some Bourbon Strands on their way also. I am planning to use several colors of laces - orange, lavender, purple, light green, and blue will be making the rotation on my Strands.

Chris

18. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

I've had my McAllisters now for about two weeks and worn them about five times. The length seems to be perfect. It's the width that I'm worried about. I've posted on this thread before that I was originally sized at 8D and re-sized to 7.5E. Someone on this thread referred to this last like wearing a soccer shoe because of the abrupt angle of the toe. I thought the same thing when I first put them on.

Anyway, when I was recently in the store I asked the same sales man if he in fact put me in the right size and he looked again and said that he was absolutely certain that it was right. He said it'll take about 12 times wearing them to break them in properly. Is this consistent with anyone else's experience? I love the shoe and others on that last and just ordered another McAllister in another color so I'm hoping it works out, but by the end of the day my small toes are a little cramped. It doesn't help that one foot is at least a half size larger than the other.

Thanks!

19. Close Hoarse

Close Hoarse Senior member

It's pretty well known that AE offers shoes of a different size for each foot, but if you or others are not aware of it, it's certainly worth mentioning again. It's an extra $100 for the custom order I think.
    CH

20. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Areyoufrench asked if anyone had tan Strandmoks. Here is a picture of my tan Strandmoks, taken on St. Patrick's Day......[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.