1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

It wasn't me... someone else got 'im.

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

These look amazing. I thought they were shell at first glance. Great job.

3. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I agree with kmdsimpson. From the photo, the shoes look great. A slightly angled seam (10 degrees is trivial) at the back of the shoe will be undetectable to the average person looking, and there are far worse defects to gamble with getting if you switch them out for another pair. You know your audience as far as who will be seeing you wearing these with suits. The truth remains that these are far better than many of the heinous square toe, slip-on, rubber sole, chiseled looking "italian" shoes men wear with suits every day out there. Your Parkways don't meet several of the "criteria" for being proper shoes for formal business (blucher, heavy stitching, etc.), so your captoes will be better "rule followers", but the average guy out there will simply see a great quality shoe on your foot and make mental notes about how nice they are.

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Even if it is January 2, I have no doubt they will honor the sale until the 13th if you produce the AD. Very confident of that ....

5. sevenfoldtieguy

Simply awful. :nodding:

6. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

I'll second this, but it doesn't really matter too much to me. If someone else is adamant one way or the other, I'm willing to compromise.

7. N8ter

N8ter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I believe I will keep the Parkways and give them a condition & polish prior to first wear.

8. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Can someone point me to information on the difference between these welt profiles? I'm a tad confused between split/reverse/storm welts. What's the name for a welt that doesn't "stick out"?

9. ezboy1000

ezboy1000 Senior member

I am just purchasing tonight from "Adam" and the price he gave me contemplates the sale price. I did not ask him specifically when the sale ended, although I have a few other friends also dealing with him, who started doing so yesterday and have yet to formally purchase, and the price they are working from is the sale price too.

I think this goes to the 13th as indicated in the flyer. Also, AE has brilliant customer service and would honour the sale anyway if the flyer was in error.

Finally - for those interested - I am getting these shipped USPS to Canada instead of FedEx to save brokerage fees. It does appear that the AE shipping department prefers FedEx now because there is a tracking number and, according to them, FedEx is "easier to deal with". However, they agreed to my request to ship USPS to Canada and are aware other international customers may feel the same. I do not know if they will agree to ship USPS ongoing, however, for now it appears they will do so if requested.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  10. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Got my new Bourbon McAllisters today, otherwise known as the Amsterdam. These were the last pair of 2nds from the shoebank in a 12d. I don't really notice anything that would cause these to be 2nds other than a couple of marks on the sole. Well, I'm gonna mark up the soles after the first wear outdoors anyway. So I am very, very happy with these. Can't wait to wear them tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    Fresh out of the box. No polish yet.

[​IMG]
    Top row L to R: Walnut Jefferson (darkened up), Bourbon McAllister/Amsterdam (no polish yet), Merlot McAllister
    2nd row L to R: Blue Nuemok, Blk William William, Blk Strand
    And so on...

11. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Bucksfan I'm about to travel to England next week just seeing if I need to do anything on the group order. My wife can pay if I'm out of pocket but wanted to see if you need anything before I leave.

12. sevenfoldtieguy

I just made a purchase and I was told by the SA that he will give me the sale price for the sale that ended yesterday. What a mess. :lol:

13. ElliottPapineau

ElliottPapineau Senior member

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  14. WestLinn

WestLinn Active Member

I emailed them today and received an email back from Kristen that the sale has been extended to January 13.

15. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

EliottPapineau's been timed out for a week. Not a good idea to disregard the rules repeatedly then insult those who remind you of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.