• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 333 is exceptionally long, yes.  My SA recommended going down in size.

The 9D was a bit too tight for me - the pinky toe was squeezed. The 9.5D was just a tad big, but OK. I think I would be a true 9.25D in the 333 last vs 9.5D in just about every other AE I own. So I opted for the "bit too big" figuring that's more manageable than "bit too small".

Chris

ddsg

Reaction score
The 9D was a bit too tight for me - the pinky toe was squeezed. The 9.5D was just a tad big, but OK. I think I would be a true 9.25D in the 333 last vs 9.5D in just about every other AE I own. So I opted for the "bit too big" figuring that's more manageable than "bit too small".
Chris

Did you try a 9E?

slam

Reaction score
I'm looking for a plain toe blucher, maybe the model Leeds. Can anyone recommend a model and favorite color shoe that Allen Edmonds makes that fits the bill?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking for a plain toe blucher, maybe the model Leeds. Can anyone recommend a model and favorite color shoe that Allen Edmonds makes that fits the bill?

Start with the Leeds in Burgundy Shell.

facet

Reaction score

My Christmas present - kind of. I got some cash for Christmas, so I quickly converted it to these. They have been at my local menswear/shoe store for a couple of months and I have been checking them out. So Christmas cash was a perfect fit.
I bring you my new Bourbon Flatirons.

Chris

Those look great, Chris; thanks for sharing and enjoy them.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a custom made dark brown shell Leeds (with dark edging). It is fairly similar to Alden's cigar. A very nice shoe.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Fifth Street in black calf? I was searching for an example and found Horsey's collection with the Fifth Street in shell. Those look terrific (as does the whole collection).
Thinking of picking up the Fifth Street in black on clearance, as I think it fits nicely into my boot collection and also as a black shoe in general. My boots currently are:
- AS 87 last brown repello suede, Dainite sole
- Alden Indy brownish/reddish
- RL Lindrick shell
- Trickers "not Stow" acorn, Dainite sole
- Peal (C&J) burgundy cordovan, Dainite sole
- Wolverine 744

Very nice collection and I'm jealous of those Lindrick's, nice score. I have the 5th. St. in dark brown but would think the black calf would be very similar, and a very good boot in black. For black calf I have the Bayfield's. Another option would be the Dundee in black shell. I wear mine a lot more than I thought I would and they would fit in your collection nicely. I seldom wear black shoes or boots any more but find that I grab the black shell Dundee's first when I do. And wear them about once a week or so, just because I like them that much.

Totally agree and it was my first footwear in shell. It works for everything from jeans to a suit, at least IMO.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice collection and I'm jealous of those Lindrick's, nice score. I have the 5th. St. in dark brown but would think the black calf would be very similar, and a very good boot in black. For black calf I have the Bayfield's. Another option would be the Dundee in black shell. I wear mine a lot more than I thought I would and they would fit in your collection nicely. I seldom wear black shoes or boots any more but find that I grab the black shell Dundee's first when I do. And wear them about once a week or so, just because I like them that much.

I'll take a group pic once the C&J arrive. (If they do; Brooks Brothers' ordering/shipping is not the most organized.)

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the brown Hamptons in today. These shoes are stunning. I don't know why they didn't get more run. Maybe it's just a style you either love or hate.

This tag is sewn inside one of the shoes. Was this done for all shoes made this year?

kentyman

Reaction score

I much prefer the look of the Kenilworth. I think the double sole of the Leeds just makes it look too bulky. Then again, it's not how tall it is that bothers me but rather how wide it is. What's the terminology for these different sole "profiles"?

Incidentally, I also much prefer the distinct pieces of leather between the quarters and the vamp of the Kenilworth. If there's any nomenclature describing that difference, I'd love to know it too.

Goldy

Reaction score
Just got the brown Hamptons in today. These shoes are stunning. I don't know why they didn't get more run. Maybe it's just a style you either love or hate.
This tag is sewn inside one of the shoes. Was this done for all shoes made this year?

My black Fifth Streets & both Daltons don't have that tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads