• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to complicate things, but I am just the opposite. I size up half, and down one in width on the 5 last. Just food for thought.
Another reason why buying shoes on this last without trying them on in-person is a bad idea.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to say, I'm very impressed with the durability of my AE Fifth Aves. I've been wearing them consistently in less than ideal weather, and after a good polish, they're as good as new (I'm relatively new to AEs in general).

Some quick advice needed though: I have a pair in chili; can they be combined with a charcoal or navy suit? Or better to wear them with less formal wares (i.e. sport coats)?

Thanks!

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice boots! (I may be buying a pair next week) Interesting idea - you are correct, the welt will stay black until you have that changed. Here is an example picture, for reference (not mine, but someone who did what you are describing, but using sno-seal to darken the edges and seal them. )

Thanks! The burgundy shell Daltons are one of my favorites. If you buy a pair, I hope you have better luck than I did with the quality. My first pair had to go back and I had to wait over a month to get replacements. But don't take that as discouragement. Far from it, they are great, as you know (I think you have the walnut shell, correct?).

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just want to say, I'm very impressed with the durability of my AE Fifth Aves. I've been wearing them consistently in less than ideal weather, and after a good polish, they're as good as new (I'm relatively new to AEs in general).
Some quick advice needed though: I have a pair in chili; can they be combined with a charcoal or navy suit? Or better to wear them with less formal wares (i.e. sport coats)?
Thanks!

I wear my chili AE's with navy and charcoal all the time and it looks great. The Fifth Avenue is a great shoe for suits or sport coats.

Chris

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I'm not a fan of that look, but it is acceptable to wear your chili 5th Avenues with navy and charcoal suits. I'm more of a dark brown with navy and black with charcoal kind of guy, though.

Michael Haines

Reaction score

Nice boots! (I may be buying a pair next week) Interesting idea - you are correct, the welt will stay black until you have that changed. Here is an example picture, for reference (not mine, but someone who did what you are describing, but using sno-seal to darken the edges and seal them. )
I really like that just not sure I am brave enough to do it myself

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds Randolph chili grain, another brand new $99 find on Black Friday:

freakersea

Reaction score
hello everybody! first post on the forum,

just starting to build up a nice wardrobe especially shoes, heres my first 2 pairs of allen edmonds the mcallisters i believe are quite old they have the ostendo heel in them but i think the park avenues are quite recent. Have only just started my first big job after finishing university so its second hand allen edmonds at the moment plus live in Australia so unfortunately cant just wander into a store here to get some, park avenues arrived yesterday loving them leather flares out a bit around the mouth though and im in desperate need of shoe trees for the pair of them.... i reckon next will be walnut daltons and then hopefully a brand new pair!

PB100016_zpseb7010fe.jpg

PB100017_zpsb2e3f535.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads