Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Which shoes and what is W? Can you explain?

2. RZach

RZach Well-Known Member

I believe AE seconds end up with a W (usually - i've seen just a line as well) on the sole, just past the heel. Could be pretty much anything. and AE often sells seconds directly on eBay.

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

AE has 15% off belts every so often. For the best deals, watch Amazon. Amazon had 30% off AE belts right before Thanksgiving. I went into the local AE store and they agreed to match the price.

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Ah, thanks!

5. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Thanks. I must have missed that Amazon sale on the belts. I think they were doing shoes at that time too.

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I have the Clifton Oxford in a 12EEE and love them. Was thinking of getting something a bit more casual and was interested in the...

Lubbock

... Does anyone have any experience with these - would I still want to go for a 12EEE?

Also, out of interest are any SF affiliates stockists of AE and offer discounts? Are there regular AE sales at all?

Thanks.

7. otc

otc Senior member

I see AE belts at nordstrom rack fairly often. Some of their models are very easy to shorten so be sure to check racks that are larger than your size.

8. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I just read this on Amazon in regards to Lombards, has anyone tried this? I was considering going for an 11D to an 11E, not to an 115.D...

Fit: This style tends to run narrow. For an accurate fit we recommend purchasing a 1/2 size larger than you typically purchase. For example, if you normally purchase a size 7, we recommend purchasing a size 7 1/2.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

These shoes do run narrow, but my feeling is that this last runs long, anyway. I can't see sizing up without making you feel like you're wearing clown shoes. Is shipping free so you can try it out?

10. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

The toe box on these runs incredibly narrow. I measure at 11.5C. I tried sizing up half a size to a 12D in order to get this last to fit, and that didn't even work. Regarding this last, I've concluded that you just have to have very narrow feet. I'd recommend trying on before ordering, if possible. At the very least, unless you have narrow feet, order a size up in length, width, or both.

11. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Thanks. I will check the next time I am there.

12. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

My Van Ness (which are on the same last as Lombards) have started to fit much better after 10-15 wears. Hopefully it will be the case with the Lombards. BTW shoe bank does not offer free shipping, I am paying for my shipping to return the shoes. I am going with walnut 11D, it think it's just a little risky to try the 11E.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  13. blsing

blsing Well-Known Member

I attempted to size up from 8.5 3E to 9 3E, since a 9E would be way too narrow. However, since the 2 last is somewhat long, the shoes were very long and loose, so it was a no-go.

14. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

just ordered the walnut strand and brown 5th ave in 10.5 E from the shoe bank. will post some pics when they arrive. hope they fit, i am usually a 11D.

15. RZach

RZach Well-Known Member

Aha! It was you who had that 10.5E brown 5th ave on hold! I was on the phone with the shoe bank today trying to see if I could get them, but they were reserved, I guess for you.

I guess if one fits they probably both fit, but let me know if something happens with that brown 5th!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.