1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monimus

Monimus Senior Member

Yeah, been doing it for past year with these. Anything to protect leather soles from wetness?

2. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Distinguished Member

There are all kinds of products out there to protect the soles. Sprays, stick ons, whatever you can imagine. Google will turn up a plethora. I don't use anything like that but if I were going to I'd probably use a stick on traction patch. Women use them on their high heels to prevent slipping.

3. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior Member

I have them on my patriots and they're great. I actually have a big problem with toe wear - as in (if i don't have a toe tap installed) i can wear it down by half in 10 wears. With the v-tread i've noticed no issues so far. I'm sure it's wearing, but MUCH slower than the leather! If it's an option, i'm considering getting it on the possibly-shell polos I just bought.

-James

4. Jay Clay

Jay Clay Active Member

Hey guys, in case you missed it the first time I posted it, here are the deals we're running starting today (factory seconds)

Norwich in black and in brown - $155.40

Long Branch in Brown Waxy Leather - $195.30

Patriot in all colors - $181.30

Finch in all colors - $140.40

Kenilworth in Black - $163.80

Tampa in black and brown - $104.30

Vernon in saddle brown - $181.30

We may have something else good going on as well... I'll check for you guys a little later on..

Also.... if anyone needs a list of what we have in their size for shell cordovan, just reach out to me and I'll check for you. I can check factory 1sts and 2nds for you!

- Jeff "Jay" Clay

5. catside

catside Distinguished Member

Jay, I sent you an email, want Long Branches.

6. random-adam

random-adam Distinguished Member

I really shouldn't be doing this, but... what exists right now in a 14AA in shell?

7. catside

catside Distinguished Member

^ that's two horses!

Sorry, could not resist.:)

8. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior Member

Ok I really like the v-tread did well in the Ice and snow so far

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

9. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Distinguished Member

jay, i want to thank you for taking the time to do this. i hope your bosses recognize the initiative you're taking to help move AE's product, and that you're rewarded when it comes to review/bonus season.

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

If Jay works on commission, I hope he sees a much sooner reward for this invaluable service he provides. If you do not have a regular SA, consider ordering through Jay.

11. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior Member

Cross post. . .

from the seller:
    So shell for sure?? :slayer::slayer::slayer:

They ship out today, so i'll take more and better pics when they get here! :)
    -James
    [​IMG]

12. Firefox

Firefox Senior Member

Those look fantastic. I recently ordered a pair of Burgundy Cliftons (which I haven't received yet), but I probably don't have the patience to spend an hour on the toe caps. [​IMG]

13. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

I was at Nordstrom Rack the other day and saw a pair of the Chili Fairfax (I own a pair of these). I realized that the pair on the rack actually had a very nice "burnishing" or whatever to it, with some "uneven" colors that really made it look great (a mix of darker and lighter hues). When looking at my own Fairfaxes that I believe used to look like that, now after a good number of polishings with AE's Chili polish they seem completely even in color on every part of the shoe, which actually seems to detract from the beauty of the shoes.

I'll try to get pictures of them later, but any suggestions on what to do? I've thought of mixing it up by doing a coat of brown-ish polish (saddle brown or even cognac) just for fun, but that would still end up over all of the shoe and probably wouldn't change the fact that the entire shoe is exactly the same color/hue.

14. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior Member

Congrats good find

15. dacia1300

dacia1300 Senior Member

Just got a pair of these myself, after I tried them on noticed a crease form around the toe box / line area, what has been your experience in wearing them? Do they tend to crease in that area?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.