Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Probably 695 if firsts, 399 seconds.

Which shoes don't fit you well? There are multiple lasts, so part of the trick is getting the right last and the right size for your foot.

They look really good - congrats!

I have not had a pair, but I imagine it was similar to the dark brown or truffle shell that AE has offered recently.

2. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Great job, they look fantastic! The edges look dramatically better. Thanks to all you creative and adventurous types who contribute such great ideas.

3. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

Just won a used pair of black Park Avenues for $60 on eBay. [​IMG]

4. delmar

delmar Senior member

I made a trip yesterday down to the factory outlet shoe bank in Port Washington and bought a pair of the Mctavish seconds in black. I have the Mctavish in the natural wax infused leather too, but over time they are starting to look more like the dark brown cognac color since I use brown shoe polish on them.

I was hoping to get an in person look at the Kings Point boots but there weren't any in the showroom and I forgot to ask. I probably wouldn't buy the Kings Point but I like the look of the leather in the pictures.

I also tried on the Neumoks and Cronmoks. I prefer the Neumoks. The leather on the Cronmoks seemed thinner and floppier than the Neumoks which felt more substantial. I checked out both styles in the color blue and found the blue of the Neumoks was darker compared to the lighter/distressed-look blue of the Cronmocks. But I'll probably wait and see what Neumok type shoes show up as web-gems since I'm not really crazy about any of the current colors.

5. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Then you bought a last that does not fit you well. If you find one that fits your foot shape properly, you will find them to be very comfortable.

6. Jay Clay

Jay Clay Active Member

I have some for $50 but if you buy a pair of shoes that'll knock it down to $40... if interested just give me a shout via PM or email.... [email protected]

7. Jay Clay

Jay Clay Active Member

lol, yeah we just got it in... it's pretty awesome... imagine how it's gonna look once it develops that petina....[​IMG]

8. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Thanks! From the grocery store in the Kiwi endcap.

Appreciate you letting us know about the deal!

Thank you! And thanks to zazadojo for the idea!

9. GentlemanJohnny

GentlemanJohnny Well-Known Member

Mario,

I don't even have my boots yet but I already anticipate copying the sharpie around the edges...question: did you notice the edges leaving black ink on your pant bottoms? And/or do they bleed a little onto the boot surface? If you accidentally screw up and the tip of the sharpie touches the boot will that come out?

Also, when I saw your original pictures that demonstrated the gash on the left boot I was worried that if my pair of seconds arrived like that I'd return them...but they look like they filled in rather nicely with some polish...in fact, as someone already mentioned, it adds a little extra character to some relatively new boots. Do you have any other pictures/angles of your boots that you can upload (pretty please)?

Thanks!

~Johnny

10. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

CalTex, it looks like I may have been wrong. If you are still looking for the brown Long Branch at sub $200, Jay Clay says his outlet will have them starting tomorrow (I assume he is referring to the waxy brown Long Branch above, where he said "Tan"). Just thought you may want to give them a call if you are still looking for them!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012

11. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

A lot of good looking boots and shoes lately including the Amok's and Malvern. The only suede I have is the Katmai and thinking now I should pick up something else in suede.

You did very well, nicely done!

Yes you did Mario, nice attention to detail and it has payed off.

12. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Is it strange to appreciate a compliment from cold iron so much

13. Michael Haines

14. Michael Haines

15. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

I did not notice any black ink on my pant bottoms or bleeding through the edges to appear on the surface. So long as you allow the ink to sufficiently dry, I think you'd be safe. On my intramural college soccer team we sharpied our t-shirt "jerseys", and I remember playing in rain and washing many times, with no bleed-off on to skin or other clothing.

If you end up with sharpie where you don't want it, I think it's going to be tough to remedy. I'd imagine anything that will remove the ink (acetone) will also be damaging to the leather finish, though that's easily corrected. If you take your time, I wouldn't worry about it, but you could always use painters tape and an exacto and mask off your boot if you were really worried, lol.

Thanks, and ya, I'm coming around on accepting the gash - especially for the price. I took some more pics, even though I'm officially sick of seeing my boots on this thread, as are others I'm sure, haha, but as requested:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thank you, sir. Can't wait to see how your tan ones develop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.